FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events A nite @ the Tropical Bistro, Columbus OHIO, 6-17-06
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
A nite @ the Tropical Bistro, Columbus OHIO, 6-17-06
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 07:24 am   Permalink

You read that right, an OHIO "event" (well, ok, get together)!

OakTiki and I are going to be out in central Ohio and want to meet the Ohana, so blow the conch shell, gather the tribe!

Saturday June 17th, arriving 7:30-8:00pm-ish at the

Tropical Bistro
3641 Fishinger Road
Hilliard, OH 43026
(614)-527-8582

Tikiskip is going to see what he can do about rounding up some Fraternal Order of Moai folks so this should be good!

I grew up with the Kahiki, so anyone wanting to talk my ear off about it is more than welcome to

Somewhere, in Ohio, there's a smoking eruption with my name on it!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 07:41 am   Permalink

I'll be available that evening I think. I'm sure we can get a crew of Moai up there for a drink or two. I'll see if Jim (former Kahiki bartender) is working that night (and if not, maybe we can get him).

Could probably arrange a home bar visit or two as well.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 08:26 am   Permalink

YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaw!! Like I need an excuse to go to the Tropical Bistro!!!!!!!!!

You bet your ass I'll be there!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-07 08:37 am   Permalink

Man I'm bummed... a month too soon for me !!!
No worries, I'll find it in July ... Hope you all have a great time !!!!
Aloha
Joe/Haole kats

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 08:46 am   Permalink

No problem Joe. We will see you in July and go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip

Posted: 2006-06-07 10:19 am   Permalink

Hey Joe, (man now I got Hendrix in my head) Let me know when you are comming to Columbus. I live 5 minutes from the Bistro. You can stop by for some drinks. We will be having drinks at my house after the 17th as well. Can't wait Sabina.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-07 10:29 am   Permalink

Mahalo Tikiskip and (Jeff and Kuku in the Pm's)
I will be in approx July 10-18th. KuKu mentioned to me a possible stop by your place and others in their Pm. Really looking forward to meeting more ohana from Kahiki-ville (man I miss that place) You are all so kind and I am looking so forward to this...
From my island to yours "Aloha"

Joe

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 10:45 am   Permalink

Sounds like something good is brewing....I've got to head back up that way on business, guess I'll make it sooner than later. I'll get the outrigger fired up and steer a course toward Hilliard. How far is this action from Chef Shangri-La?

Swamp

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 12:07 pm   Permalink

Swamp,

Columbus to Chicago is about 380 miles. Took me six plus hours last time I made the trip by car. Where are you starting from?

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 2:51 pm   Permalink

I'll be heading up from Atlanta, about twice that distance.

Swamp

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SpicyBrains

Posted: 2006-06-07 5:37 pm   Permalink

This doesn't really have to do with the 17th exactly, but would you say the Tropical Bistro is worth the drive down from Akron? I just heard about it the other day and am now dying to go.

(I'm new on the boards too, so it's nice to meet everyone!)

-Joe

View Profile of SpicyBrains Send a personal message to SpicyBrains      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 7:53 pm   Permalink

When I was in Columbus (Ohio) a couple of weeks ago doing some research I was told by several people that it was THE place to see some good Kahiki artifacts while drinking classic Kahiki drink concoctions. They supposedly have recreated several key dishes from the old menu as well. I've been planning to head over to check it out the next time I was in town.

Swamp

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Tiki 2006-06-07 19:55 ]

KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 8:38 pm   Permalink

From Akron? Sure.

I mean, look at it like this.. they serve the Kahiki drinks, and on many weekend nights they are mixed by Jim the Kahiki bartender himself. They serve a lot of the Kahiki food. Including the Tahitian Mermaid. They play exotica and often times have a real hawaiian guitarist playing live. There is a reasonable collection of Kahiki artifacts, including all of the tables and many lamps.

..and if you let us know when you will visit, you may run into some Moai there who will happily drink along with you and generally show you a good time.

Now.. is it the Kahiki? F*ck no. Not even close. But then again, what is? Aside from the Mai Kai, nothing.

I'll take what I can get and make the most of it. Try to help them out with business and hope they make enough dough off of tikiphiles that they decide to go full bore tiki.

It's worth a trip if for no other reason than to chat at the bar with Jim as he mixes you a Kahiki mai tai.

Ahu

TelefunkenU47
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-09 11:11 am   Permalink

This sounds cool!
I will be there as well.

View Profile of TelefunkenU47 Send a personal message to TelefunkenU47  Email TelefunkenU47 Goto the website of TelefunkenU47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SpicyBrains

Posted: 2006-06-09 5:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to have to check it out. It sounds like a good time.

-Joe

View Profile of SpicyBrains Send a personal message to SpicyBrains      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation