FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events A nite @ the Tropical Bistro, Columbus OHIO, 6-17-06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
A nite @ the Tropical Bistro, Columbus OHIO, 6-17-06
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-11 10:08 am   Permalink

Looks like we've got one more to add to whatever final tally of how many people are coming.

We're counting the minutes!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-15 9:21 pm   Permalink

Massive bump-

Just a little over a day away now.

tick...tick...tick...!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-16 02:16 am   Permalink

We are ready for you Sabina!!! They just mentioned in the local Other Paper that friends of Tiki Central and members of the Fraternal Order of Moai were meeting together this Saturday night!!! Should be a BIG crowd. Francis Llacuna will be playing his guitar and Jim (the original Kahiki bartender)will be mixing drinks (I hope). Then its off to tikiskips!!!!

See you soon!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-16 05:16 am   Permalink

wow, you folks are promoting tiki! lol

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-19 08:16 am   Permalink

Sabina Thanks for comming over that was a great time. It looks like the Kahiki velvet will have a good home.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TelefunkenU47
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-19 12:03 pm   Permalink

Whew!! I had a mighty good time as well!!

Plenty o' tiki ambience and good people all around!

I slept Sunday away.....

View Profile of TelefunkenU47 Send a personal message to TelefunkenU47  Email TelefunkenU47 Goto the website of TelefunkenU47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-21 05:02 am   Permalink

Truly a magical night!!! Great food, great drinks, awesome ohana. It just doesn't get much better. Tikiskip was definitely the host with the most again for the after hours party!!! WOW!!

The FOM really know how to throw a party!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-22 9:19 pm   Permalink

Phew!

We're back home in Maryland, and RECOVERING! The Ohio Ohana know how to throw an EVENT! I'm in awe! I'm humbled! I'm honored! And most of all, I can't wait to get back in August for the Hot Rod Hula Hop!!!!

The Ohio Ohana were simply incredible! (MUCH detail to come!) To say nothing of wondrous liqueurs and mixology! The Tropical Bistro is a haunt- true Aloha spirit! And the Ohana who opened their homes to us to explore, photograph, etc were just amazing!

In the next 48 hours, after we're unpacked here a bit, I'm unload the camera, get some pix up, and do a little write up- although I must say right off the bat- words fail!

A quick teaser of what's to come for the rest of the TCers- it isn't everyday a quick trip 'back home' ends up with a mention in the local alterna-paper. ONLY in Columbus!

The mind boggles... .

KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 07:32 am   Permalink

Sabina, we enjoyed having you and Oak in town. It's always a treat to play host to tikiphiles visiting Kahikitown. Especially in the warm weather months.

Come back anytime, and we'll see you at the Hop!

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 3:06 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear you guys made it home safe and sound!! What a fantastic weekend!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 3:55 pm   Permalink

Hey Sabina, where are all those wonderful pictures I know you have? Did you hang up the black velvet Lavisse painting from the Kahiki yet? Looking forward to your review!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-24 09:21 am   Permalink

Ok, I still have a TON more pix from TikiSkip's and ChisselSlinger's yet to get up- those are in the 'post Hukilau, I'm going to get to 'em, REALLY I am', list of things to do.

But I swore to myself I'd at least get SOME up before Hukilau, so I've added a little album of pix from the Tropical Bistro back on that magical night in June. It was my first trip to the Tropical Bistro, and the first time I met the Ohio Ohana- many of whom I'm looking forward to seeing again down at Hukilau!

So without further ado, (and at long last), the Tropical Bistro album-
http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/tropical-bistro

And yes, our Kahiki velvet made it safe and sound, and is waiting for a few minor repairs and for us to put some matting and tapa up on a wall, and a small light added above it so when it's hung, people will actually be able to see it!

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-24 11:10 am   Permalink

Great pictures Sabina!!!

Thank you so much for posting these. It was a grand time!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation