FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Building a Rock Waterfall for Tiki pool area
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Building a Rock Waterfall for Tiki pool area
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 7:30 pm   Permalink

Ben you can come over and jump in my Hot tub anytime!!!
Thanks for all the input thus far. It has been exciting and helpful. Thoughts are still coming togther but I'm hoping to make it happen this summer instead of next!! Literally Time will tell (that Stupid Job keeps getting in the way of my fun time!)
SO keep the help and pics coming and thanks!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 03:49 am   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=16702&forum=7&hilite=waterfall

Mine's still flowing. PM me for any questions. Search on "waterfall"

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 10:44 am   Permalink

well ground has been broken - rocks have been gathered and Ideas are being laid, stay tuned for some progress pics soon - I hope!
I can at least get the cleared area rocks and sorta hole pics posted soon!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 11:03 am   Permalink

ok so I'm faster than I thought for pics:
the area:

some materials:

closer / the turqouise bucket is gonna be the catch ond house the pump - it will get a liner

with Daizy the dog - for scale of course!

Any input would be great - the idea is to have a wooden tiki spraying the water from mouth / through a tube into a clam shell that will then spill / cascade down the rocks - not a big drop but it will make a bit of splash sound. We'll see!

I plan on some lighting in a dn around and behind it some Bamboo "fencing" and plants / palms.

PLease speak up with thoughts or possible problems!

Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 11:21 am   Permalink

Great! Another Tiki Central project in the works. I love these posts! Sneakyjack the location looks great. I think this is going to turn out super!

Mrs Hoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 11:32 am   Permalink

The ponds they sell at Lowe's etc. are black, so I doubt black is an issue. You don't want it in the sun anyway, or the algae will get out of hand quickly. They are also pretty cheap. Maybe $50 for a pretty good sized one. I have been considering this project myself. They have lots of pumps and supplies, so it could be an easy-ish project. Lots of digging though. Liner, pump, tubing, and that's all under $100 for a pond about 4 feet across. Add rocks and run the tube through the rocks to pour out as you want.

Of course, none of that is as easy as it sounds.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 09:26 am   Permalink

looks like you're off to a good start!

Here's a ponding forum with tons of info that can help if you need:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/ponds/
It has tons of info buried in it's pages- so much it will make you second guess yourself if you research too much. Great info for making a low care setup. There's a gallery link towards the top so you can see what others have done.

I have a similar tiki fountain project in the works and have been looking for a decent clamshell too (Not sure if you're still going that direction). Check out this planter if you're still looking: http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?pdId=2393

Can't wait to see the progress..

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 12:37 pm   Permalink

ok so moving closer heres some more shots..
oh yeah the pools open now too!

tiki to be the spitter fake clamshell

from the diving board

testing for length of hose need and type of pump

general idea

stay tuned - rocks and spray foam are next!

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 5:45 pm   Permalink

some more updating
tiki has a spitter and it looks to be working

wahine adjusting and testing

More to come just got to adjust some more rock reset rocks and spray the black foam.

I noticed on great thing - unplanned and I'll post a pic soon. From my inside bar I can see the fountain easily out the window - so While mixin mai tais and Fogcutters I can look out and see the fountain action - Once it gets goin and I light it up!

Stay tuned!

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 2:11 pm   Permalink

will it works just need a few more rocks and some plants - and lighting

next shot will be full effect!

stay tuned

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 10:56 am   Permalink

Its been a while and the fountain is still working, a few tweaks of rocks and a shell replacement from oceanic arts - its plastic. The night shot is not so great but I'll use my good camera at some point in the evening and update.
sideways again....

let me know what you think

YankeeAirPirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-23 11:11 am   Permalink

That turned out amazing. Great work! I really like the lighting.

I wonder if the Air Force will let me do this in base housing....

View Profile of YankeeAirPirate Send a personal message to YankeeAirPirate  Email YankeeAirPirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 10:08 pm   Permalink

well fun lighting and a good camera gets these photos - I think this should cover it!

and the use of pool / water relection

postcard like - huh???

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 10:11 pm   Permalink

Arrsome!!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 05:27 am   Permalink

Looks fantastic at night. GREAT JOB!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation