FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki (mostly) tiki centralite art : benzart curly lono, page 13, 6/25/10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
(mostly) tiki centralite art : benzart curly lono, page 13, 6/25/10
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-22 10:01 pm   Permalink

You have the most interesting collection of art, there is so much variety and everyone of these pieces look great. I have fun every time I go through your entire thread and see all the amazing artwork.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 5:36 pm   Permalink

it's been way too long since i've updated this thread. i have alot of new stuff but i had to let everybody see the new pendant wendy cevola of danlovestikis made for me. the REAL big puka!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-14 6:21 pm   Permalink

whooa --freaky..hey mikey...

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 6:38 pm   Permalink

It would only be fair that Gecko wore a Bullet head

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 6:57 pm   Permalink

OK, that was scary...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-25 4:12 pm   Permalink

benzart's curly lono just arrived in sactown!

i also recently scored this beautiful pa kahawai lure pendant with skull toggle from vince cabanilla.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-25 7:04 pm   Permalink

I'm stoked Lono made it to you. He is truly a magnificent piece of art...living and breathing and full of character. Thanks for posting. G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-25 7:37 pm   Permalink

wow, It was a real treat to see this thread. We are now moving into collecting more contemporary tiki art and I just put a bunch of fellow tiki centralites on the wishlist. Thanks!

oh and nice collection.

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-25 8:27 pm   Permalink

thanks guys!
g, you are so right about curly. nobody can make a hunk of wood come alive like benz. he said this is his last big piece because of his arthitic hands. i feel so fortunate to own it.
troll, thanks for the kind words. there are so many incredibly talented artists on tc. and even though there's a thread going about why are artists such assholes (or something like that), i have yet to meet a tc artist who is. great art from great peopo. i'm sure you'll have no problem filling your pad with beautiful contemporary tiki treasures.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-26 09:01 am   Permalink

Hi Bullet, The Lono may be the finest carving I have ever seen. Benzart rules!
The hook is terrific. It's fun to see you posted the necklace I made for you. I looked at the thread about artists being A----- and I can say I've never met one like that. Everyone has been so kind and has offered help and suggestions. Both Gecko and Babalu have helped me tremendously. Oh well. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-06-26 12:41 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-26 11:24 am   Permalink

We're A-------?

...cool.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-26 12:46 pm   Permalink

ZeroTiki, Go to Bilge and author Zeta to find that thread.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-26 4:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-26 09:01, danlovestikis wrote:
The Lono may be the finest carving I have ever seen. Benzart rules!

it's even better in person. you guys should come by soon and check him out. plus, i'm running low on pep, i need a peppy fix.
zero, i never said artists are assholes, just the opposite.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-26 9:33 pm   Permalink

We just got home from a fun visit with Sandy and Bullet. The Benzart Lono is fantastic. Everyone should come to the Sacramento Tiki Crawl in October to see this 8th wonder of the tiki world. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-07-03 12:35 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation