FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tikibelle's Red-White-&-Blue Birthday Beach Burn & Luau - Cabrillo Beach, Sat. July 8th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tikibelle's Red-White-&-Blue Birthday Beach Burn & Luau - Cabrillo Beach, Sat. July 8th
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-13 5:28 pm   Permalink

LOVE you guys! I can't wait to see everyone. BTW, it's my 29th birthday; I'm not sure why Sabu didn't say so (My last 20-something celebration.) We also won't be in California for the big 30, so I thought I'd be non-conformist and throw a big party on my 29th instead.

Please R.S.V.P. on evite -
http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/tikibelle@gmail.com/sabrinabday - so that we have an accurate head count. I want to make sure we get enough plates and goodies to give out. If you have problems, just email me at Tikibelle@gmail and I'll remedy it. If you have questions you can either PM Sabu or email me.

Of Course I'll be wearing my tiara, it's my birthday. *hehe*
See you there!

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.·:* _.·*·._ *:·.
.·:*¨¨`*:·.*·. .·* .·:*´¨¨*:·.
.·:*

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 07:24 am   Permalink

We appologize for not being able to make it, but we have a good excuse.
Have fun and Happy Birthday!
Ran & Dale

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-13 17:28, Tikibelle wrote:
BTW, it's my 29th birthday; I'm not sure why Sabu didn't say so (My last 20-something celebration.)

I would certainly not be ashamed of that number, in fact I would SHOUT it from the mountain tops!

Bealza-Elvis & I are in (plus-2 kidlets).

We will RSVP on e-invite!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-21 2:29 pm   Permalink

Looks like a fun day at the beach!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 1:14 pm   Permalink

I went and checked the beach a few days ago. The grills are a short distance from the fire pits, but there are very few grills and they get taken pretty quick. Would a couple of people be willing to bring hibachis or portable grills with them to the party? I'll be there early to reserve a good fire pit, but I don't think I can reserve a grill on the other end of the beach as well.

Thanks,

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 6:02 pm   Permalink

Tim,
I have a home style BBQ about 2 ft. by 2 ft grill but it has legs and wheels, if somebody can help me carry it, we can use that.
Jeff(bigtikidude)
what is the estimated get there time again?
also I didn't go to the e-vite thing, sorry, but I am in.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 12:15 pm   Permalink

Bump,
Tim, what time does this type of party go till?
I saw another thread about the Tonga room doin something that night.
Maybe if we all aren't too sunburned or drunk we can make a pilgrimage up there after....
but no guarentees right.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. please contact me offlist about the BBQ thing.

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-07-04 12:16 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-07-05 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-04 12:15, bigtikidude wrote:

... what time does this type of party go till?

The Tikis burn after sunset. The beach "closes" at 10pm.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 3:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-30 18:02, bigtikidude wrote:
Tim,
I have a home style BBQ about 2 ft. by 2 ft grill but it has legs and wheels, if somebody can help me carry it, we can use that.
Jeff(bigtikidude)
what is the estimated get there time again?
also I didn't go to the e-vite thing, sorry, but I am in.

Jeff - I can help you carry the BBQ from your car once you get there - no problem. I'm going to be there very early (7:00am or so) to reserve a fire pit. I'll also set up two 10'X 10' awnings for shade and food storage, so our firepit should be pretty easy to spot.

Like Hakalugi said, some of us at least will be staying until 10:00pm, but the day's schedule is flexible, so feel free to come and go as you like. If you want to stay for a little of the fire, then head on over to Tonga Hut, we won't make you feel guilty. Have fun! That's the motto of the day.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 6:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sabu,
I'm gonna play it by ear, if I feel like driving to LA after hangin at the beach all day, I may go. But I may be too tired and
tipsy, to make the drive up there. Is somebody gonna make a cooler of Lapu Lapus???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 12:07 am   Permalink

OK, so what's the deal with pallets? I've got two of them, and if it's a-ok to burn them I'd be more than happy to donate 'em. Problem is they won't fit in my car, so if someone wants to stop by my place & pick 'em up beforehand, just let me know! Oh, and yes, I do plan on being there at some point, probably with my traditional highly toxic (read: alcoholic) TikiCental jell-o...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-07 07:06 am   Permalink

I guess some of you had asked Sabu what I wanted for my birthday, and just for the record, I don't expect any gifts! I don’t NEED anything!

But, if you insist… Here is a list of (mostly) inexpensive gift ideas:

Books: I'd love a copy of your favorite book, whether it's your favorite now, in college, as a teenager or even as a child. I can never get enough books and I love finding out what my friends like. There is also this occasional treat of falling in love with a new author, and then I have you to talk about it with.

Music: Burn me a copy of some of your favorite music, again for the interesting factor. Also I can never get enough music.

DVD's: I created a birthday wish list page
http://www.haackhaven.com/WishList.html

Thanks! I hope this helped. I can’t wait to see you all tomorrow.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikibelle 2006-07-07 07:09 ]

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 2:41 pm   Permalink

Z -

I'd say the pallets would be kosher. Even if they're not, I'm bringing a hammer and could knock them apart pretty quick. Trouble is, I'm going early in the morning with a pickup truck already full of equipment. Then I need to stay and guard the firepit till folks arrive.

Is there anyone else close to Torrance who could pick up Doctor Z's pallets? If not, I'm bringing some standard firewood and we could probably use more from other sources.

Thanks,

Sabu

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 6:37 pm   Permalink

Hey Z,
I gotta truck I can swing by and pick them up on the way there.
But I don't know where your new pad is.
e-mail me and let me know
Bigtikidude@yahoo.com

Jeff(bigtikidude)

cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 9:00 pm   Permalink

Sabu & Tikibelle,
Regrets for tomorrow, lifes plans got in the way. If something frees up we will skeedaddle on down!

Have great fun! Wish we were there!

~Cyntiki

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation