FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikibelle's Red-White-&-Blue Birthday Beach Burn & Luau - Cabrillo Beach, Sat. July 8th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tikibelle's Red-White-&-Blue Birthday Beach Burn & Luau - Cabrillo Beach, Sat. July 8th
tikimania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-07 10:07 pm   Permalink

OK, late RSVP, but I'll bring along my family.

-Kristena

View Profile of tikimania Send a personal message to tikimania      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BodhiBoy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-08 09:05 am   Permalink

Hey you Tiki Beach Burn celebrants-

Sorry I can't make it to the Burn (I live on the "other" coast), but I'll be there in spirit.
That is to say, Hakalugi will be wearing my new GlowTiki beads, which I hope will lend their light to the happy occasion.

For more info about the GlowTikis, go to this link:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20184&forum=12&0

Meanwhile, happy birthday to Tikibelle.

BodhiGlass: Real Cool Glass, Made Real Hot!

View Profile of BodhiBoy Send a personal message to BodhiBoy  Email BodhiBoy Goto the website of BodhiBoy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-08 10:30 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Tikibelle!
Looks like a lovely day to be celebrating it at the beach, have a great time!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-08 1:22 pm   Permalink

WoooHoooo! What a beautiful day at the beach Soccertiki and I just got home from spending the morning at Tikibelle's Party. Mucho Mahalo to Sabu & Tikibelle for being such great hosts.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KamiKoonga

Posted: 2006-07-08 6:58 pm   Permalink

Come to the Tonga Hut after the PARTY!!!

Saturday Night Exotic Lounge Event
for
Tiki Central Folks and Friends

LIVE @

The TONGA HUT
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
(818) 769-0708

July 8, 2006

Saturday Night

8pm-2am

Yes...Your Bartender Kamala will know how to make your delicious exotic cocktails, Trader Rick will be spinning sweet sounds of Tropical Places...exotica, surf, lounge, and more! Wear your Hawaiian shirts, fresh flowers, Tiki necklaces, and "all things Tiki."

Get yourself ready for a magical Mai Tai, a venturesome Voodoo Juice, a titillating Tonga Tea, or something straight up like a Kamala-Kazi!

MAP:
http://maps.citysearch.com/location/325813?

http://myspace.com/tongahut

See you there.

Mahalo,
KAMAKOONGA

View Profile of KamiKoonga Send a personal message to KamiKoonga  Goto the website of KamiKoonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-07-09 12:04 am   Permalink

We had a great time!

The Birthday Tiki Burns:

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 08:02 am   Permalink

I had a good time yesterday!!! The Tiki Hakalugi made was so cool!!! I had a hard time beliving he made it just to burn it!!! But it was awesome to see it go up in flames!! FIRE FIRE FIRE!!! It was nice to kick back and joke around with everybody again!!! Thanks Sabu for putting this together!!! And TIKIBELLE I hope you had a great Birthday!!!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-09 6:36 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to thank everyone who came to share my special day with me. It was a perfect day to be at the beach; not too hot, a bit of a breeze, and a clear blue sky. I was surrounded by wonderful people, and delicious food, of which I ate WAY TOO MUCH! There was good conversation, comfortable shade, 4 cakes, spinning fire and a burning tiki; what more could a birthday girl ask for! I'd love copies of any picture you may have taken, so please post them. Sabu or I will also post any non-tiki central pictures that are e-mailed to us. Then I will compile a website with the best pictures and post a link.

Thanks again for making my last twenty-something birthday such a blast! Love you guys!

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.:* _.*._ *:.
.:*`*:.*. .* .:**:.
.:*

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-09 11:14 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday! I had a great time visiting with you, Sabu, Mom, and all the TCers. Mrs. Fury was bummed she missed it but was there in spirit.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 1:51 pm   Permalink

We were loooooooooong overdue to catch up with our Southern California friends! We're so glad we were able to make it. I'm bummed that I didn't start using my camera until later in the afternoon, I missed getting pictures some of the folks who had to leave early, like Al-ii, Tiki-Kate, ookoo lady, and Krustiki. Also, my timing is rotten -- I went to use the bathroom (which was astonishingly bad, even for a public restroom), right when Hakalugi's tiki was burned! So, no pics of that (thanks for posting your pics, Hakalugi). It's probably just as well -- that thing was far too beautiful to be burned, and I might have leapt into the fire after it if I'd been there.

Here are my pictures:
http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/tikibellebday/

King Kukulele shows off little Princess Kukulele!

The evening's sacrifice, courtesy of Hakalugi:

Sabu & King swap tales of maniless, as the women go baby-crazy in the background:

Speaking of Sabu's manliness, here he is providing meat to the masses:

The always-lovely Vintage Girl:

bigtikidude mans the coals:

Mah luve, Hanford Lemoore:

Advice columnist extraordinaire, Dr. Z:

Dr. Z's Tiki Central hat -- I'd never seen one before, he said he got it years ago on Cafe Press;

Bongofury, who always seems to be 100% fury-free:

Solo Carbon Caliente!:

Bongofury, Sperm Whale, Whale Rider, and Floratina:

Atomic Cocktail, Floratina, and Vintage Girl:

Our new friend WinoTiki makes the scene:

Floratina and the birthday girl, Tikibelle:

My lovely Tina Tina Floratina and me:

A close-up of the fire:

Fancy chemicals make the fire extra pretty:

Floratina and her freckled friend:

The moonlight on the water as we're packing up:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful day at the beach! I miss all you guys.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 9:15 pm   Permalink

Looks like a good ol' burn! Lot's of Old timers! We we're going to try to make a sneak attack but we had a major flea infestation that we had to deal with ( Waikiki for 9 days and our house/hut was a Spa for the suckers!! all locked up and hot!!!). 4 days for bombing!!! Anywho, looks like Dr.Z and Bongo Non-Fury were there for us. Happy B-Day to Mrs. Sabu too.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-12 2:39 pm   Permalink

Thank you Humu for the stellar pictures!

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-21 7:11 pm   Permalink

Hey!!!! I never said "thanks" and "Happy birthday" to the special event organizer and b-day girl! I had an AWESOME time, thanks for everything! It was cool to chill at cabrillo for once.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation