FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fredz Hedz by Freddimon and Tikiware by Pelee Jan
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Fredz Hedz by Freddimon and Tikiware by Pelee Jan
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-10 5:36 pm   Permalink

Hi All,
These are our first tries at tikis. Please enjoy and comment, too!
This is my first try...

here is a side view...

Other side...

A few days later after some sanding and tweaking...

Second tiki, rough-out...

Second Tiki, sanded and tweaked a bit, not done....

Pelee Jan's first tiki, a mini wareable, really nice piece in oak!

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: Freddimon 2006-06-11 16:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Freddimon 2006-06-11 16:09 ]

View Profile of Freddimon Send a personal message to Freddimon  Email Freddimon Goto the website of Freddimon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-11 3:56 pm   Permalink

Here's a try at a larger image... Now I've figured it out, sorry for the repeat pic.

[ This Message was edited by: Freddimon 2006-06-11 16:08 ]

View Profile of Freddimon Send a personal message to Freddimon  Email Freddimon Goto the website of Freddimon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-11 4:24 pm   Permalink

Here's todays efforts...

Wearing black with a dandruff problem is a no-no!

[ This Message was edited by: Freddimon 2006-06-11 16:26 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 04:18 am   Permalink

Freddimon, you and PeleeJan, keep it up. For your first tikis, theu are Awesome. You both look to have a ton of talent, so keep up the carvings and keep up the postings!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 04:26 am   Permalink

COOL. HEY ,is that a palm log there on the pile?lol got your e mail, feeling fine here, back yard is up and almost running .partys will be starting soon,6/23/06 first happy hour of the season(weather permitting). but stop by any eve. allmost allways out back working on something TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-15 5:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benzart, you are our inspiration! Zoom in on the pic by my carving and you'll see it's of one of your works! Hope you don't mind!

Thanks TD, we've been talking about you and all your wonderful collection, can't wait to see it all "up and running"! We'll be on Pelee on the 23rd, but we'll stop bye the next week for sure! That is your log, I'm making sure I'm good enough to carve it first!

Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-15 6:05 pm   Permalink

Here are some more updates on our carving:

Some sanding on Freddimon's #3

Jan's mini lono #2

Teeth roughed in...

Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-28 6:18 pm   Permalink

Here's more progress, #'s 2&3 are done:

The artist at work...

The Pelee beach for tiki carving....

luke

Posted: 2006-06-28 7:11 pm   Permalink

nice I like them a lot
daddy

[ This Message was edited by: luke 2006-06-28 19:14 ]

View Profile of luke Send a personal message to luke      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-29 03:22 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comps, Lukey! You're my best fan!

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 04:27 am   Permalink

DAMN! and you are just down the street!!! FYI, HAPPY HOUR this FRI.starts about6;30.stop by.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 05:39 am   Permalink

Freddimon, your stuff is getting better by leaps and bounds. Love the stain on this last one and the detail is really getting tight. Keep'em coming!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-04 06:57 am   Permalink

Great time at Tikidavids' *HUGE* collection of Tiki in a really cool back yard setting. It's an instant teleport to another world!
Benzart, I can't thank you enough for the props! You are *THE* inspiration for carving Tiki's. I just finished reading your 100 page thread and it really got my creativity pumped; just to know that there is a master like you to guide all of us carvers! Did you start a new thread yet?

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 07:30 am   Permalink

As you progress through this post, one can see the experience pay off. Keep em coming Freedi! Welcome.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 10:55 am   Permalink

that is amazing!! like i am a beginner and i come nothing CLOSE to those creations. you have great talent for that. keep that stuff comming.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation