FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fredz Hedz by Freddimon and Tikiware by Pelee Jan
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Fredz Hedz by Freddimon and Tikiware by Pelee Jan
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 9:31 pm   Permalink

Not sure how I missed this thread, you;ve got some really nice tikis mate. Very nice style to em.

These 2 are definitely my favourites though.

This one because of the great smooth texture and a nice contemporary look to him

and this'n because of the great texture and primitive look

Sweet!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 12:09 am   Permalink

WOW very good work.
How did you finish the tiki on top ? 2 different wax?
Love the chisel texture. Nice work.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-03 5:38 pm   Permalink

Thanx Hewey! Funny, they are both versions of something I found in the "Book of Tiki". They kind of look like the Tiki in the BOT pic with the husky bearded Tiki artist, chain saw in hand, carving a really huge, fat log. Don't have the "book" here or I'd give you the guy's name... sorry!
Benella, Thanx, too! The Tiki on top is well sanded between three coats of spar varnish, no wax at all. The chizzelled look on the other is more of a cop-out to sanding. I got real bummed because the back of this log was very rotty and I didn't want to spend a lot of time sanding in case it didn't hold up well. Looks good now, and I'm keeping him inside for protection...

View Profile of Freddimon Send a personal message to Freddimon  Email Freddimon Goto the website of Freddimon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 7:01 pm   Permalink

OOh yeah! That's great stuff. That's Leroy shmaltz design at the top there. Ya gotta add that to AA's old post, "Post your "Leroy" here"!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=11934&forum=7&start=75&hilite=leroy

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-04 5:47 pm   Permalink

Surfintiki, they're up on the "Reloy" post! Thanx!

View Profile of Freddimon Send a personal message to Freddimon  Email Freddimon Goto the website of Freddimon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-16 4:26 pm   Permalink

Here's an update of the latest (6 Ft.) Tiki. I bought a 14 tooth Lancelot to go in tandem with the 22 tooth and now I'm cuting through this palm like it was butter. I have to really watch that I don't go too far with this tool arrangement, it's so fast! OOPS.... Just realized the pix were out of focus so I'll take more tomorrow and post asap...

[ This Message was edited by: Freddimon 2007-10-16 16:27 ]

Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-17 5:42 pm   Permalink

OK, Here's some pix..... How do I fix this monster to a base?

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 3:17 pm   Permalink

nice job fred, is that palm?

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-21 6:31 pm   Permalink

Hi TD! Yes that's the log you brought back from FL and gave me!. Nice piece of lumber... Has a lot of seasoned quality to it... Really big and heavy... I need to figure out how to stand him up good so he doesn't kill someone!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-21 6:50 pm   Permalink

definitely an Excellent tiki freddi! You gave him a Ton of sweet detail. You can drill holes up from the bottom, insert rebar or steel pipes or bars, and plant him into a cement slab, OR you coulddrill out a couple holes in his back large enough for a couple pieces of angle iron. Stick the angle iron out about 18 inches and stand him on a block against that tree and then drill corresponding holes in the tree. Then back him up to the tree so the angle irons slide into the holes, remove the block and he should be suspended off the ground held up by the tree. Of course you want the holes angled correctly and plumb so that he stands up straight. Also account for glue, cement, spikes, or some other memans to secure the angle irons.
Hope this helps and good luck
Great job.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 06:37 am   Permalink

fred, no,no no, never set your tiki into cement.10 times more no's for palm wood. call, me bring it over .i'll show you what to do. david. hey! by the way, how's the chair?

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-23 4:54 pm   Permalink

Thanx Benz! I was thinking of the cement version of mounting too. Sounds like TikiDavid doesn't like the idea, but this one is going to be kept indoors, so maybe it's OK to mount that way. How heavy a chunk of concrete to keep it steady / ratio? TD, what do you think?

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 5:04 pm   Permalink

Wow how did i miss your post? You have some really nice carvings
going on.

Yes he is looking top heavy

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-04 7:49 pm   Permalink

Wow, I've been away for a while, and I have a lot of Tiki viewing to do. I must catch up with all my fave idols on TC, and I mean the carvers, *and* the work they do!!!

I'm about 6-2, so this is easily the biggest yet for me. This stump is of the same wood they use for baseball bats. It was so sinuey that I had to stop last year when it was freshly de-barked and let it age... hoping it would be cuttable with any type of chain saw. I was happy to find I was right about that one! Used a double Lancelot/grinder to do this so far.

So here's what I'm working on now:

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 3:09 pm   Permalink

bump it

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation