FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Point Break Surfin' Tiki Club, Redondo Beach, CA (bar)
Point Break Surfin' Tiki Club, Redondo Beach, CA (bar)
bootiki

Posted: 2006-06-16 1:23 pm   Permalink

Name:Point Break Surfin' Tiki Club
Type:bar
Street:514 N. Pacific Coast Highway
City:Redondo Beach
State:CA
Zip:90277
Phone:310 376 7765

Description:
Cozy, carefully put together lounge. Good quaility art and decor.

View Profile of bootiki Send a personal message to bootiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-21 8:36 pm   Permalink

WoooHoooo! Check this website out for more info www.pointbreakbarandgrill.com

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Pop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-21 8:56 pm   Permalink

Nothing sez tiki more than professional pole dancing lessons...

View Profile of Tiki Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Pop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 11:07 pm   Permalink

Point Break is a cool place. Chris is a great guy and I have done some decor for him there, 9.5 foot tiki as well as other stuff. I've heard rumors of a pole ther.?!*75&

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Point Break Surfin Tiki

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:48 pm   Permalink

We are having our Grand Opening Luau June 30th, come and join us, great specials all weekend long....see you there....dress in your best Hawaiian Shirts.

[ This Message was edited by: Point Break Surfin Tiki 2006-06-29 12:49 ]

View Profile of Point Break Surfin Tiki Send a personal message to Point Break Surfin Tiki  Email Point Break Surfin Tiki Goto the website of Point Break Surfin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Point Break Surfin Tiki

Posted: 2006-07-10 4:34 pm   Permalink

July 28th is Pirate Day at Point Break, come and join us for specials all day...be the best Pirate in town and win a cash prize.

http://www.pointbreakbarandgrill.com

Pirate Day has been postponed until August, the exact day will be announced, I will post it in California events then....thanks for the tip.

[ This Message was edited by: Point Break Surfin Tiki 2006-07-25 10:30 ]

View Profile of Point Break Surfin Tiki Send a personal message to Point Break Surfin Tiki  Email Point Break Surfin Tiki Goto the website of Point Break Surfin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-11 8:55 pm   Permalink

You should post this in California events.
That way more people might read it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-21 9:13 pm   Permalink

Just drove by this evening....the building has been painted brown, tikis gone from out front, murals gone, nautical decor gone from the back....is it still point break?

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2007-01-21 21:14 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-22 6:02 pm   Permalink

I heard from a friend that they had closed down.
Im not sure but I did stop in there one day for a beer.
Not super cool tiki bar, but good enuff to have surf bands play there, as it had
as much surf decore as tiki . Too bad if it is closed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 11:50 pm   Permalink

I got's the skinny on this, will fill in later.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 6:26 pm   Permalink

The location has been acquired and is now called "Gr0G"....I passed by today and asked a few questions, and the lady i spoke with said it is going to be a combination of tiki and lounge....I'm thinking maybe a neo tiki ultra lounge. Anyhow the building has been repainted in a brown with a light brown familiar lettering...They have used the same lettering of the Enchanted Tiki Room. I'll try to pass info and a few pics as soon as they are officially done decorating...We shall see.....

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 5:38 pm   Permalink

"Dittoing" [is that a word?]Tom Slicks notes on this. Went by today, peeked in the rear porthole window. Dark, but looked like they have removed the "booth deal" a bit & it made some more room in there. Hey, BTW, as some of you know my "Agents of Voodoo" Tiki band [ www.agentsofvoodoo.com ] is playing on Sat. the 17th of this mo.[Feb!] at "Paulies Upper Deck". Well, hell!, thats just around the corner [like a few hundred yards!] from Point Break/GROG!! So, Cmon down Tom!! Everyone else too. Cant wait to play at THIS place when it opens back up too!! Remy

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 5:56 pm   Permalink

Hey, I posted a new deal on here for "GROG" cuz they are now open. So "Point Break" is officially KASPLAT! Anywho, I met w/ "Weslie", who works there. She was nice enough to put up with me asking "Qs" about tings. So heres wat I know. They had a "soft" opening bout 2 weeks ago. Grand opening in bout a month. They have re-applied to have live music in there again. [I bet you'll be seein the Agents of VooDoo there!] Aint tried the food or drink. Hey, Tom Slick, maybe you can go by & give the grog a slurp & let us know if its cool or not. This place is a stones throw from "Paulies Upper Deck" where we are playing Sat. night. So cmon down, try the grog & slide around the corner to Paulies & hear some Agent groove!! Remy

[ This Message was edited by: Mouse Art 2007-02-16 17:58 ]

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation