FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving When do tikis have ears?
When do tikis have ears?
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-16 11:29 pm   Permalink

I see the rapa nui easter island guys have ears. How about the other ones?

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 04:58 am   Permalink

When you wants them to listen to ya. Or when you have enough wood.....

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 07:02 am   Permalink

when do tikis have wood?

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 07:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-17 07:02, chisel slinger wrote:
when do tikis have wood?

When they are happy to see you!!!!HA!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 07:51 am   Permalink

Tikigap,
Hello! I'm a newbie here and saw your post!Besides makin' art I also read alot and have a lotta reference books.I feel it's part of the territory to know a little bit about what you're going to paint and draw.One of the earliest examples of a tiki with ears is a squatting figure from the Solomon Islands in stone,I also know of stuff from New Guinea(lots of ears-they loved ears!)Tonga,Rurutu (not sure where in Oceana this is),New Zealand,and New Ireland(see their "Malanggan" carvings)So, besides the "Long eared Nobles" these are a few.(BTW there were long-eared aristocratic castes among the Incas and Solomon Islands)

Chisel Slinger-In answer to when Tikis get wood....That would probably be before they get
leid (groan!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-17 08:40 am   Permalink

Hey thanks for the info you guys! Lil' Lost Tiki - thanks for the detail! I'll leave the ears on him for now...

They also have a smile when they are glad to see you! Heh Heh!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TampaTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-17 7:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Chisel Slinger-In answer to when Tikis get wood....That would probably be before they get leid (groan!)

That was FUNNY!

Speaking of wood, we were driving back to the shop a few weeks ago with a truck load of palm trunks and some kids rode by on bikes...one of them looked over and said to his friend, "They got wood. Huh huh." It was totally Beavis and Butthead...from a 12 year old. Me and my buddy almost fell out of the truck laughing.

TampaTiki

View Profile of TampaTiki Send a personal message to TampaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 07:09 am   Permalink

he said..wood..he he.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 08:50 am   Permalink

Hey Tampa Tiki---

Are you THE GUYS selling your Tiki's out on 54 !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation