Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki tiki totems at home depot
tiki totems at home depot
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-13 11:50 pm   Permalink

a while back i saw a post about tikis at home depot in playa del rey.well, when i was there tonite i inquired and it is true.only during summer are they available. has anybody seen one ,and how big and how much????

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-15 01:00 am   Permalink

Pass on the ones at Home Depot. They were getting them from another source, who was getting them from the philipines. This isn't soo bad, but this co. is copying carvers like Leroy and Wayne Coombs. The price was like $400. + . If your'e gonna spend that kind of money, you can have something custom carved from someone and it will be good enough to put in your house. You can trust me , I know first hand about homeimprovement tikis.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-15 5:46 pm   Permalink

Twowheeler,

If you want to spend the same amount they charge at Home Depot, go with ChikiTiki or one of TC's carvers.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 12:32 am   Permalink

got a name?, got a number???

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 09:00 am   Permalink

I don't know what Home Depot was offering, but Mai Tiki (Wayne) sells a palm tiki about 3-4 feet tall for about $200. $400 would get a much larger one. And this is a material known to stand up in the elements etc. Shipping might change the cost enough to make you shop around, but if you are in California, there has to be someone nearby to buy from.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-16 09:05 am   Permalink

Twowheeler,

TheChikTiki was the 2nd post on this tread, he has his number listed on it. I've picked up several very nice tiki and tiki-related items from him (Danny).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 11:21 am   Permalink

Tiki Central Carvers:

Tiki Bosko -
www.tikibosko.com
Crazy Al - www.tikimania.com
Chiki Tiki - (310) 973-0779
Gecko - dakai1995@aol.com

Bamboo Ben, House of Tiki and Oceanic Arts are other places you can find carvings for sale:

Bamboo Ben - (714) 960-1860
House of Tiki - www.kahaletiki.com
Oceanic Arts - www.oceanicarts.net

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 9:48 pm   Permalink

My web-site went on "summer vacation" to Costa Rica and never came back! Just my luck!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 8:05 pm   Permalink

I suggest picking up a tiki from "keigs20" on ebay- he's carving some of the coolest ones right now imo

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 11:07 pm   Permalink

talk about "ask and ye shall receive", you guys kick ass!. thanks,erich

tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-21 05:55 am   Permalink

I'm in Camarillo! I haven't sold any over $245 and that was for 6-footers!

-tOny-

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation