FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Does anybody live in Volusia county, FL?
Does anybody live in Volusia county, FL?
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-17 4:26 pm   Permalink

If you do please let me know because I have a few questions I'd like to ask you about the area. Mahalo,

Finkdaddy

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-18 11:42 am   Permalink

Fink,

I lived there for 6 years. I have lots of friends still there.... Whattcha got goin' on?

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 10:12 am   Permalink

I'm in Orange county, sorry. Seminole county starts where my backyard ends. But if I can help with anything, lemme know.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 10:16 am   Permalink

My parents live in Ormond Beach and I visit all the time. I know Volusia well. Any questions fire away.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 04:34 am   Permalink

I'm not from Volusia county...but my cycle is a Suzuki Volusia. Does that count?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 2:52 pm   Permalink

I'm asking about Volusia county because next summer (June '07), we are thinking of moving to Florida and my wife has her heart set on Deland. I guess we're wondering about the job market in that area. I've been in the screen printing business my whole life and my wife currently has a job in human resources with a staffing agency. She also does in-home day care, so that is a possibility too. I don't have a real concept of what commuting would be like. Is Daytona or Orlando very far from the area?

Any advice, tips, or warnings would be most helpful.

Also, how do you pronounce Deland? Silly question, I know.

Thanks in advance!

Gman, I'll give you a call later tonight. Thanks.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 3:08 pm   Permalink

Dah-land..... That's proper.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 3:57 pm   Permalink

Deland is a beautiful small town built around Stetson University. On a Sunday you might get to Orlando in 50 minutes(?) but probably at least an hour and a half during the daily commute. Daytona you can probably get to in a half hour to forty minutes. Its a quaint little southern town built around a small private college so you can probably figure out what the general atmosphere is like. Why did your wife fall for so hard for Deland?

I was over there last week checking out the antique mall downtown. I picked up a tiki s&p and the lady asked me if I was the guy that called the other day wanting to know if they had tiki mugs. Nope, not me. Now I'm wondering if that was you checking out the tiki resources!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 4:01 pm   Permalink

I was pretty sure I remembered there being a TC member from Deland, and there is:

Tiki-Troll from D-LAND

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 4:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-20 14:52, finkdaddy wrote:
I don't have a real concept of what commuting would be like.

Hell, pure hell. But hey, come on down!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation