FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tropical Patio Rebuild May 2013 Done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tropical Patio Rebuild May 2013 Done!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-25 11:45 am   Permalink

Look at that BuzzMan go!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-12 9:44 pm   Permalink

Top of the page, so here is where we are kind of going with this:

I do planning drafts in isometric so I can figure all the lumber needed, dimensions, etc and get a good a visual of the skeleton. Quarter scale, more or less...

Before I started the actual build, I did a little decorative work on the lumber stock.

22 six foot fence planks, 10 or different Marq inspired patterns

Chopped in half make all i need for exterior lower sections on the two visible walls

Next were the front eaves done in Maori swirls

Then two maori 10' entry way poles

These took about 6 or so just to do these hours to do...

Two 10' back wall poles

A lot less time in these.

Now on to the actual build, phase two, the lower half...

Poured myself a wild Cherry Pepsi in a glass and got to work. I put the floor boards around the cemented beams back on and started laying wood

I carved a Moai profile on the ridge beam

I decorated a few more 4 x 4's with some simple designs and started placing those.

You can just barely see Hiltiki in the background staining the poles I just decorated. It was stain and install...

Fun part started here: Putting the lower walls and window sills up

Moai head stained:

Creeping around the front with the patterned boards and table bar window sills

Some more staining help and I finished the last two lower walls

Nice, pretty box

Little more color, and the lower part is done!

Couple weeks, and it's roof time...
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-12 10:15 pm   Permalink

Wow, all that detail is over the top wonderful. You are the man Buzzy. MadDogMike stayed in the Buzzy Bedroom this past week.
Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-13 03:13 am   Permalink

Looking good Buzzy!
I really like the contrasting colors of the stain.

EDIT: Actually, I like it so much that it's given me pause, to reconsidering staining my shelving...

[ This Message was edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-02-13 03:21 ]

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-13 03:24 am   Permalink

Very cool Buzzy, how can you not like this. Good work man.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-13 06:05 am   Permalink

How come I never heard of isometric graph paper before? I gotta get with the program and get me some of that!
I wouldn't have picked red, green, and yellow but that looks VERY COOL! Someone has a good eye for color (obviously not me) Carvings all look great Buzz, say Hi to Hilda for me

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-13 8:01 pm   Permalink

Buzzy, looks awesome! If you want to head up the hill to Clairemont, I may need to transform an area in the yard.

Look forward to seeing more.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2013-02-13 20:02 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-14 07:48 am   Permalink

I am loving the carved panels for the lower walls, fantastic idea and I'm really digging the different stain colors. Looking great!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Canvas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-14 4:20 pm   Permalink

This is awesome.

View Profile of Canvas Send a personal message to Canvas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 5:54 pm   Permalink

Buzz room rockin
I need 1 of those by my pool

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 11:22 am   Permalink

I ran out of daylight before I could get the tin roof up, but the roof supports, ceiling, and everything else is finished. I don't know how it actually looks, because it was too dark to see it.

I did an Aframe peak thing that meets at the base of Moai on the ridge beam.

Looking towards the front door

The space over the entry way will be filled

Here's where I pulled in a chair and enjoyed a Cherry Pepsi after a long day of work

You can see a Benzart tiki in the house in the background

Quote:

On 2013-02-12 22:15, danlovestikis wrote:
Wow, all that detail is over the top wonderful.

I didn't build a tiki hut, I CARVED it!

Quote:

On 2013-02-13 03:24, poptiki wrote:
Very cool Buzzy, how can you not like this. Good work man.

Thanks Poptiki. My philosophy: If I can't have one, at least I can have the fun of building one!

Quote:

On 2013-02-13 03:13, Hale Tiki wrote:
Looking good Buzzy!
I really like the contrasting colors of the stain.
EDIT: Actually, I like it so much that it's given me pause, to reconsidering staining my shelving...

I wanted something quite different than the tried and true method of burning the shit out of all the wood. I'm pretty happy with it. And to think this decorative fence plank stuff all started just because I had to cover a gate...

Quote:

On 2013-02-13 06:05, MadDogMike wrote:
How come I never heard of isometric graph paper before? I gotta get with the program and get me some of that!
I wouldn't have picked red, green, and yellow but that looks VERY COOL! Someone has a good eye for color (obviously not me) Carvings all look great Buzz, say Hi to Hilda for me

I love isometric paper! saves the hassle of using the Tsquare and triangles for the rough sketches. I liked the way my gate looked with the opposing colors, so I ran with that for the whole build so far. Wide pallet...Hilda's pretty much let me do whatever I wanted for this, so thta's been real cool. So far, she seems pretty happy with it.

Quote:

On 2013-02-13 20:01, TikiAno wrote:
Buzzy, looks awesome! If you want to head up the hill to Clairemont, I may need to transform an area in the yard.

Look forward to seeing more.

That'd be nice to work close to home. Let me know when you're ready...
Quote:

On 2013-02-14 07:48, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
I am loving the carved panels for the lower walls, fantastic idea and I'm really digging the different stain colors. Looking great!

Thanks Lori! I actually can't wait until I see it myself!

Quote:

On 2013-02-14 16:20, Canvas wrote:
This is awesome.

Hope you like the rest of it as well.

Quote:

On 2013-02-15 17:54, hang10tiki wrote:
Buzz room rockin
I need 1 of those by my pool

Jon

A few more people like you and TikiAno want one of these, and I just might have to make prefab hut kits...

Multi Colored Tiki Huts for ALL!

More soon!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 08:30 am   Permalink

Here are some progress pictures taken in the daylight, as Buzzy is working non stop.

He made me work like a slave in the freezing weather.

Loved every minute of it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-28 09:23 am   Permalink

WoW! This is a great project! Thanks Hilda and Buzzy for the pictures!

Have some of that Lemon Hart out there for me Hilda.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 3:42 pm   Permalink

Buzzy, I plan on re-working an existing location in the yard- been trying to figure out how to attach an A-frame roof to an existing structure (w/ only two posts). I dig the molding, may want some to go around existing 4x4 posts... look forward to meeting one of these days soon.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-01 03:49 am   Permalink

It took Buzzys thread to get a picture
of Hilda out there.
All right.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation