FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tropical Patio Rebuild May 2013 Done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tropical Patio Rebuild May 2013 Done!
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-01 07:23 am   Permalink

Will that is the worst picture, hahaha. I could only find a few in my tiki hut. Here is one from last year.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 11:55 pm   Permalink

Rain's on the way later this week, so I had to get the tin roofing up before the interior ceiling wood got wet.

Here's a side view after I got all the metal roofing up

Thatch will go over it next

Front side with the Maori swirl patterns:

Other side:

I'm going to carve a tiki for where that 2 x 6 brace above the door is

Back side:

This is the view you see when looking at it from the house

I had to hack a bunch of lower brances off that lemon tree to work, but it will fill back in soon and hopefully you can grab a fresh one off the tree while tending bar

A few detail shots:

And the ceiling:

Next time, some decor, some lights, and a few more little wood details

I'll get to the replies from last page tomorrow. I just wanted to post these before I pass out...
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-05 02:55 am   Permalink

Looking Good Buzzy!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-05 09:56 am   Permalink

WoW!!!

How cool is that.

Nicely done

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-05 10:12 am   Permalink

Monkeyman stole those words from me but I'm stealing them back. WOW! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-05 10:25 am   Permalink

It looks like a Maori whare whakairo with all of the awesome carvings on it. Great job!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-05 3:37 pm   Permalink

I've been planning to put a moai off the beam of my hut...you beat me to it....lol

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-03-05 4:05 pm   Permalink

Needs more tikis.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-05 6:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-28 15:42, TikiAno wrote:
Buzzy, I dig the molding, may want some to go around existing 4x4 posts... look forward to meeting one of these days soon.

Hey TikiAno: Hit me up when you're ready. I've been wanting to try and do some fake beam covering molding.

Quote:

On 2013-03-01 03:49, Will carve wrote:
It took Buzzys thread to get a picture
of Hilda out there.
All right.

Check in Bilge, topic: Post pictures of when you were thin and good looking, page 19 Saw your work there. Nice!

Quote:

On 2013-03-05 02:55, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Looking Good Buzzy!

Thanks ATP! What do you think of the hut?

Quote:

On 2013-03-05 09:56, Monkeyman wrote:
WoW!!!

How cool is that.

Nicely done

Thanks MM. Glad someone like you can appreciate it.

Quote:

On 2013-03-05 10:12, danlovestikis wrote:
Monkeyman stole those words from me but I'm stealing them back. WOW! Wendy

Thanks Wendy!

Quote:

On 2013-03-05 10:25, tikilongbeach wrote:
It looks like a Maori whare whakairo with all of the awesome carvings on it. Great job!

Good call. That was the plan: A simplified mixed style carved house. NOw Hilda just nedds to put all her tiki decor/collection stuff in it. Then it will crazy nice. This part was just the build so far, decorating it is next.

Quote:

On 2013-03-05 15:37, ErichTroudt wrote:
I've been planning to put a moai off the beam of my hut...you beat me to it....lol

I'm sure there are plenty more with one out there. I can't off the top of my head recall if I ever saw one, but there's always room for more. Throw one up!

Quote:

On 2013-03-05 16:05, GROG wrote:
Needs more tikis.

They were there... They're all just hiding out until after I leave. The old hut had so many tikis, you couldn't see the hut.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-05 9:21 pm   Permalink

"hopefully you can grab a fresh one (lemon) off the tree while tending bar"
Talk about FRESH!!!!!
Keep up the great work Hilda & Buzz!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 12:32 am   Permalink

I went up and did the last few unfinished parts of the hut today. My work is done! Now it's time for Hiltiki to get it all decorated up with her tiki stuff. I'm pretty darn happy with the way it turned out. And the neat thing is that it will only get better with time!

Fill 'er up!

Here are the last few things I needed to do and that got done today...

I started with some shelves in two window sections to go behind the bar, and put a solid plank wall behind them:

Didn't want it to feel like a closed in dark box, but we still wanted two more window sections filled. Solution: Bamboo fencing! I got an awesome deal ($25! on sale) from my good pal Cobain at Tikiland on a 5 x 8' stained 1" bamboo fence. (plug)

Here's one side of the shelves after the bamboo installed. I had enough left over to fill in the top section as well.

Lets light and a breeze in, and it looks damn cool like that.

The other side of the shelves done with bamboo:

I found a new stain color not yet represented in the hut for the pieces of wood that framed the bamboo panels

Backside of that wall on the right:

Bamboo window a little closer view:

Next part needed some at home prep work first, so I did the carving last week. This tiki holds up the ridge beam and is perched right over the front entry:

Slot carved for ridge beam:

And....Bam! There it is finished and installed:

Carved beams frame it nicely:

After he was up, I filled in the triangles on both sides with some planks, stained yet another color:

I did the same on the back wall after that.

Some interior vintage OA decor came next:

Then the HUGEST puffer fish lamp I ever saw and another OA light:

A neat float for the front:

I left area behind the tiki open so you can see the lights from the outside. I think it looks kind of neat like that.

And finally, a few more random shots of it all at day's end:

Hiltiki's going to start posting pictures of the hut in home bars thread when she's all moved in, so until there's more building or carving to be done...
Buzzy Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2013-05-03 00:38 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-03 05:59 am   Permalink

Great remodel Buzzy! I really like the Tiki Atlas, holding the weight of the hut on his shoulders (or head)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 06:45 am   Permalink

All I can say is your new hut is Colossal! Your tiki holding the beam is over the top and very unique!

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-05-03 10:34 am   Permalink

GROG ready to take it for a test drive. Start serving those drinks Hilly.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-03 10:46 am   Permalink

Looks really cool! Nice open bar, perfect for San Diego weather. Can't wait to see it decorated.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation