FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Let's go to Bahooka! August 7, 2006 @ 7:00 p.m.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Let's go to Bahooka! August 7, 2006 @ 7:00 p.m.
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 8:55 pm   Permalink

With the recent tragic losses of the Royal Hawaiian and Sam's Seafood restaurants, it's more important than ever to support the remaining tiki establishments.

The
Bahooka in Rosemead, California is a great place, and worthy of making the extra effort to sustain it.

Krustiki and I often have lunch there on Saturdays. I'd like to see if there's any interest in setting up a regular TC get-together. How about the first Monday night of each month?

Any interest? Any suggestions?

[ This Message was edited by: ookoo lady 2006-07-05 20:42 ]

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 9:03 pm   Permalink

An excellent idea! The Bahooka is worthy of all the support it can get. Sure, there are places where you can get better food & drinks, but there's nowhere else on earth that can offer such a grand labyrinth of flotsam & jetsam.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 9:06 pm   Permalink

Is Monday the preferred night for all?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-22 9:17 pm   Permalink

Sounds good to me. Can we also meet at Damon's Steak House in Glendale one of the Monday nights. I live in Glendale and go there often and don't know what I will do if it ever closes.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 9:18 pm   Permalink

Good idea! Almost any night during the work week (Monday thru Thurs) will work for me.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-22 9:23 pm   Permalink

WoooHoooo! Sounds like fun. SoccerTiki and I love Bahooka's

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 9:45 pm   Permalink

I'd certainly be willing to make the trek on a regular basis.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 08:19 am   Permalink

If all goes according to plan (a thing that has not been happening much lately) then I should be there for lunch tomorrow (Sat, 6/24). For the last few years I have stopped there for lunch whenever there is a drum corps show in the area, and saturday there is a show at Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut. I'll be there for a pre-show lunch (around 1-ish) if there is enough time.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 09:58 am   Permalink

Great idea! Mondays are ok, but how about thursdays or fridays?

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 2:11 pm   Permalink

I'm glad you guys are planning on doing this as I like to know one of my favorite places will continue to be around whenever I'm in that area of the world. Well done, well done indeed.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-23 4:49 pm   Permalink

well it is a bit far for me, but I am off mondays, so I guess that is ok for me.
I'll be going there tonight with some frineds before we go to see some bands play at a bar in Rosemead later tonight.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-24 01:30 am   Permalink

Mondays are good for me!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DarkTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-24 09:59 am   Permalink

Well I agree, the Bahooka is a fun, wild, and a great meeting place, that's why we decided that Tiki's and Terrors II - The 2006 Lost Expedition Art show is going to be held there, and we are also releasing a very exclusive and limited tiki mug that night, would anybody like to know more?
send me a message
kahuna@tikisandterrors.com

http://www.tikisandterrors.com

[ This Message was edited by: DarkTiki 2006-06-24 10:39 ]

View Profile of DarkTiki Send a personal message to DarkTiki  Email DarkTiki Goto the website of DarkTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-24 12:54 pm   Permalink

I can't promise EVERY Monday, but I'd certainly be able to make a Monday or two, every now and then... possibly. How's that for being committed to tiki!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-24 3:48 pm   Permalink

OK, we'll start this coming Monday, July 3, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. I know some people have a long holiday weekend and might be out of town, but we'll see how it goes.

I'll try to get a long booth, back by the jail doors.

See you there!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation