FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chef Shangri-La Celebrating 30 years August 5th and 6th--featuring the Haole Kats!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Chef Shangri-La Celebrating 30 years August 5th and 6th--featuring the Haole Kats!
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 09:02 am   Permalink

I'll be there for the first show with my daughter. See ya there!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 06:05 am   Permalink

We had so much fun! Awesome-mega-thanks to the Haole Kats who played a great show and made us feel special. If you guys are up for it, stop over on Tuesday before your show and I'll serve you some Wisconsin brats and Mai Tais in the Leeward Lounge. Or if you'd rather come over on Wednesday, that would be cool too. Then maybe we could jam for a while. Mahalo!

My daughter, Josephine, outside of the Chef Shangri-La.

Her first Planter's Punch.

The Haole Kats!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 12:42 pm   Permalink

..ya know, sometimes i forget how good the mai tais are at the chef.....we had an awesome time.....the band was great...really good original surf sounds and covers...i reccomend the haole cats c.d........thanks to the vastas for organizing it.....i need to spend more time at the chef..it's actually not that far out of the city.....good crowd last night...dig the souvenier anniversary glass too!!! whoooo-hooooo!!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
traderjim6781
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-06 1:52 pm   Permalink

We had an awesome time at Chef Shangri-La. Great food, drinks, atmosphere, and even better music. Big Thanks to Joe, Josh and TJ! After the Chef, we went on over to the Sandbar and got to see another great impromptu performance.

View Profile of traderjim6781 Send a personal message to traderjim6781      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 10:50 am   Permalink

On behalf of Susan, Paul, and the entire staff, we would like to thank everyone who came out to celebrate this past weekend. They had a record crowd on Saturday, and the place was filled up on Sunday as well. It was great hanging with the Haole Kats, you guys rock! Also guys, thanks for making the long haul up here, you're the best.
Hey, Anyone else got photos? We only took a few and they didn't come out that good.
TTFN,
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MisterMagoo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-15 3:24 pm   Permalink

I have been lurking here for a while, but this is my first post.

Just got back home from the road trip I was on, which included a stop at the party on Sunday night.

I have never been to Chef Shangrila before, but it was amazing, and I will go back next time I am in Illinois.

The food and drinks were good, and the Haole Kats were just as good as I had been told they were. Very nice guys too.

It was nice to meet some of the TC-ers and FOM members there.

The funniest part of the night was when this guy left his camera and cellphone in the bathroom (I was in there too). Right after he walked out, the phone rang. He came back in, answered the phone with: "can't talk, just dropped off a mai tai, and now I have to get another one", and then walked back (into the bar I guess).

Well, maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, hope to meet some more of you at other events.

View Profile of MisterMagoo Send a personal message to MisterMagoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-20 4:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-15 15:24, MisterMagoo wrote:
The funniest part of the night was when this guy left his camera and cellphone in the bathroom (I was in there too). Right after he walked out, the phone rang. He came back in, answered the phone with: "can't talk, just dropped off a mai tai, and now I have to get another one", and then walked back (into the bar I guess).

Glad I could amuse you, Magoo.

I almost plowed into a bunch of people coming out of the bar when I dashed into - and then out of - and then back into there.

Like I always say about drinks: you don't buy them, you rent them.

Next time you're in town, say hi.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation