FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Freaky Boutiki San Diego, CA (store)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Freaky Boutiki San Diego, CA (store)
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 12:41 pm   Permalink

Name:The Freaky Boutiki (located inside The Freak Factory)
Type:store
Street:3742 Mission Blvd.
City:SanDiego (North Mission)
State:CA
Zip:92109
Phone:858-488-4924

Description:
In old North Mission Beach (San Diego). Mugs, masks, tikis, idols, Hawaiian shirts, cigars, funny t-shirts and really nice people behind the counter.
Even has OnaTiki lamps hanging from the ceiling.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-06-19 16:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2011-12-18 09:04 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
photokitten

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:21 pm   Permalink

Ah! I just visited my Aunt and went there 2 weeks ago! It's FABULOUS!

View Profile of photokitten Send a personal message to photokitten      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 10:59 am   Permalink

Also, if you are traveling to the area the best place to park is at the east end of Santa Clara (BIG PAKINGLOT). As the west would kinda be in the ocean.

Santa Clara is the light south of the store.

Just rode by again and there are a bunch of new tikis. I even saw some Squids under glass, too.

Thanks Kitten

OOO, OOO, if you want killer burgers and awesome beer. Total non tiki except I saw that they had Voodoo Rum. The Liars Club a block or two north.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 5:20 pm   Permalink

Here are some pictures.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-07 7:32 pm   Permalink

Holy Heart Attack.....I never knew about this place. Definitely gonna be a must-stop-shop, the next time I am in SD. Thanks for the pictures...what great artwork.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 09:41 am   Permalink

Here is the ad from this quarters Tiki Mag.

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 1:33 pm   Permalink

Kinda looks like the old location of Gamma Gamma...
Nice alleyway sign!

Have to check it out next time I'm down in S.D.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 3:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-16 13:33, TikiGardener wrote:
Kinda looks like the old location of Gamma Gamma...
Nice alleyway sign!

Have to check it out next time I'm down in S.D.

God, I think you're right, but I never would have remembered the name of that old place. And it's kind of scary that you do!

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 4:41 pm   Permalink

I worked that place for a bit. Usually worked at the Hillcrest one. But everynow and then they sent me to that one.

And yes it is scary....

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 8:37 pm   Permalink

Gamma Gamma was on the north side of Sam's/Little Sam's closer to San Jose.
The Freak Factory is on the south side of Sam's/Little Sam's at Pismo Ct. I think it is Pismo.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 12:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-17 20:37, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Gamma Gamma was on the north side of Sam's/Little Sam's closer to San Jose.

Yep. Gamma Gamma everybody's favorite defunct punk shop is now Wind and Sea Surfboards
http://www.windanseasurfboards.com/ who moved here from Huntington about ten years ago.

The Freak Factory is in one of the oldest remaining buildings in the area known as "Old Mission Beach".

http://www.johnfry.com/pages/MB24.html

Originally a hotel with a small luncheonette on street level facing the electric trolley running from La Jolla past Crystal Pier all the way to the old Wonderland Amusement Park in Ocean Beach.(Where Dog Beach is today)

The building's housed many things since the 1920's. Currently street level contains The Freaky Boutiki and Freak Factory Smoke Shop and Surfari Surf School http://www.surfarisurf.com/

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 10:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-17 16:41, TikiGardener wrote:
I worked that place for a bit. Usually worked at the Hillcrest one. But everynow and then they sent me to that one.

And yes it is scary....

Did you ever work with a girl named Jenny Hultgren ? I used to " date " a lot of the girls who worked at the various Gamma Gammas around town . She used to run that store till they sent her out to the El Cajon store .

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 10:31 pm   Permalink

Yes Mike, I did work with Jenny. And what was her friends name? the one with the red curly hair, dated a guy named Dave I think. He had a short fuse as I recall.

Ahhhh... do you remember the Sinister Icey Black Hand of Death Scooter rally to nowhere??? If you do, hehehehe... you're on your way to my not so secret identity...

mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 10:30 am   Permalink

Yeah , Tracy . She just got married to someone up in Seattle . Her and Jenny and Dave all moved up there like 14 years ago or something . Yeah Dave would get drunk and turn into a crazy man , he works at a tattoo shop now , and Jennny married some rockabilly rebel and is living in domestic bliss somewhere in SeaWa .

I don't remember the scooter rally though . . . lots of those moments are lost to a drunken fog . . . give me more clues

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-01 5:47 pm   Permalink

WOOOHOOOO! We went on a Shopping Binge at The Freak Factory this weekend. If you haven't been to Hodadhank's Shop yet you are definitely missing out on some
Tikki-rrific Tiki finds

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation