FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » The Freaky Boutiki San Diego, CA (store)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Freaky Boutiki San Diego, CA (store)
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 9:26 pm   Permalink

Oooo,....I rode by the Freak Factory and photographed the mugs behind the glass.

I will go back and get the Pokop.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-12 7:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks for bumping this.....gonna have to check this place out when I come to SD for Oasis.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 9:05 pm   Permalink

Visited last week during my trip to SD...great stuff. Great selection of Tiki Farm & Munktiki, TONS of carvings and masks (and not all made in Bali), some great aloha shirts, super-friendly staff. A+

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 6:25 pm   Permalink

I recognize the big lamp from Tiki Oasis 6.

Unfortunatley I have no room for more lamps.......at the moment.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-12-06 17:28 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-28 2:02 pm   Permalink

Stopped by today to check out these lamps. Pretty cool. Large ones are $300 and small are $150. A bit more than I am able to pay, but cool nonetheless. If anyone wants to send me a birthday gift....

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 4:03 pm   Permalink

BUMP....

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 8:58 pm   Permalink

With the sweet echos of Oasis7 still hanging in the air, Freaky Boutiki staff takes a well deserved breather. So much for trying to be in two places at once. How does that Otto do it?

Carving Litrodora pendant this afternoon on my tiny lanai overlooking the lagoon. Perfect weather and I haven't yet cut myself today!

That's The Catamaran in the distance. (At night we can hear the drums their outdoor Polynesian show. There used to be an eternal torch on the top of the Catamaran but it's been gone for a few years now.)

Looking east towards Buzzy's and the rest of America. Only 3000 miles to Philly!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-21 9:00 pm   Permalink

the Freakyboutiki is the coolest looking shop ever!
When I'm inSan Diego this Nov, I'm gonna stop by!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 1:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-20 20:58, hodadhank wrote:

Looking east towards Buzzy's and the rest of America.

Looking west towards Hank's and all that's left of this side of America:

Hi Hank! I can see you right now. You're at home, on the couch, wearing your tiki pajamas watching tv...

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 2:01 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah? How many fingers am I holding up?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 09:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 21:00, Tiki Shark Art wrote:

Thanks Brad! Can't wait to see your work up close at the Bali Hai.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 09:59 am   Permalink

Atomikitty's whimsical Coconut Monkey Project has found a permanent home at the Freaky Boutiki but don't worry... These little fellas don't fling poo like ordinary monkeys, they smoke cigars and pipes and hold their cute monkey kiddies tight.

These charming portraits are sure to give your tipsy guests a giggle.

I couldn't resist buying The Commodore for myself. I'm told we share a likeness!

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 10:32 am   Permalink

Need a beeeeee-youtiful palm mask big enough to hide that ugly old refrigerator?

Not a problem!

Lets face it... the only thing that radiates mana better in your home bar than a imaginatively carved tiki, is a GIANT imaginatively carved tiki!

We're proud to welcome legendary Malibu mega-carver Zach Zachary to the Freaky Boutiki's growing line up of talented artists.

Zach's enigmatic large scale carvings are oiled and hand rubbed to a rich glowing patina that simply must be seen to be believed. My pics hardly do them justice.

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-09 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 21:00, Tiki Shark Art wrote:

Ditto that. That giant window tiki with the display in it's mouth is one of the coolest thing I've ever seen.

HodaHank, Me thinks you need to open a Tiki Restaurant, with your display skills.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 2:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-09 11:29, tikiyaki wrote:
]...HodadHank, Me thinks you need to open a Tiki Restaurant, with your display skills.

Dammit Jim, I'm a retailer not a flamboyant restauranteur!

But I do declare all this old southern (Philly) doctor (Haitian Psychic Surgeon)would need is the perfect location, the perfect investor, the perfect staff, the perfect pupu and drink menus, and the perfect bartender. Did I mention the perfect location? What can I say I'm a perfectionist.

In the meantime I must say something about a completely unrelated matter...

San Diego Audio Explorers rejoice!

<<<AVAILABLE NOW @ FREAKY BOUTIKI>>>

The Tikiyaki Orchestra's Stereoexotique is exquisite. A Perfect Storm of Exotica, Latin, Surf, Jazz and a delicate compositional skill make Jim Bacchi's debut disc a marvelous voyage. Stereoexotique makes a fine addition to any thoroughbred exotica collection or an excellent place to start for absolutely anyone with a who likes to chill.

Bacchi's shifting combinations of keyboard, mallet percussion and hand drum sounds create hypnotic atmospheres and textures. Gary Brandon of The Blue Hawaiians is here too contributing to three tracks his distinctive lap steel. Playful cover art by Tiki Shark himself Brad Parker is the colorful parasol making this luscious audio cocktail slide down smooth.

While I couldn't be more excited to see the rumored super-group currently being assembled to perform the album live Friday November 2 at San Diego's legendary Bali Hai, I still hope Jim will shortly return to his tropical subterranean lair, warmed by the earths core no doubt, deeeeeeeeep beneath Burbank, to create more of this wonderful stuff!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation