FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Freaky Boutiki San Diego, CA (store)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Freaky Boutiki San Diego, CA (store)
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 5:50 pm   Permalink

Just found an old file with pics from our big fire and thought I'd share some before and after pics. Many many mahalos to our wonderful ohana who helped us remove, reimagine, rebuild, restock and reopen.

I just had to keep one of these big puffers from the pitch black Mug Grotto where our MUNKTIKI case stands today. One of the only things not destroyed by fire, smoke or water, it now hangs in my house along with a Mendiola/Foi Mo tiki and a miraculously unscathed autographed Arthur Lyman Group photo, a gift to Freaky Boutiki from Harold Chang.

...Whoops! Forgot the "afters" here's just a few so nobody has nightmares. I'll try to match the above pics shortly...

A view to the Mug Grotto. Alohas by Reyn Spooner Hawaiian Traditionals. Outrigger beam by OnaTiki. A-frame by Rich Miller. You can also see a Crazy Al tiki, some OnaTiki Cook Island masks and a fraction of our constantly evolving mug selection.

A beautiful Harvey Mendiola/Foi Mo Tahitian tiki stands proud in the post fire Grotto

" Happy family one-hand-clap... " Freaky Boutiki Ohana

Artist Robert Tobin helped me realize my designs for our exterior frieze work. Here he's climbed up into the window display mouth of our grateful gargantua.

The Dread Pirate Murf "Schmaltzes" up a Yipwan with hand blended pigments and natural hemp cording, (no extra charge!)

I don't have to pay Charlie extra to be this cute.... Bonus!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2007-10-20 12:32 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 01:53 am   Permalink

Hey
We visited the freak factory while on our travels from england,its well worth the visit,Got a cool lamp for our lounge by mieko and hodad hank is very friendly.
Dave and Sue

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 09:20 am   Permalink

Glad you guys made it home OK.

What happened with the MUSTANG you were taking home? Did Dave sell it?

I can imagine it snarling through foggy cobblestone alleys like some sort of Jack-the-Ripper with a Detroit attitude scaring the shite out of those wimpy little Britmobiles!

Oh, Dave & Sue, the lamp you bought was by OnaTiki, although we also carry wonderful resin tiki pendants by Meiko!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2007-11-28 09:23 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-07 2:39 pm   Permalink

Neon Jerry getting ready to bend up our three eyed moai...

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-07 3:34 pm   Permalink

Bamboo artist Rich Miller working on the A-Frame which will eventually house flame effects, headhunter trophys and a Crazy Al tiki. The outrigger beam was carved by Ona Tiki... Rich has also recently completed installations for Santa Clara Center and Meihana's Hawaiian Grinds on Garnet Avenue in Pacific Beach

Rich & Coleen's dog Mack eyes a machette as Monkey sneaks up from the shadows.

Dread Pirate Murf burned and hand wrapped yarn moss on pre-made grids that would eventually support our mask display. You can still see part of our old Rick Griffin stlye mural featuring surfing eyeballs and big yellow tiki.

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-17 9:15 pm   Permalink

we stopped in to see Hodad Hank & the Lovely Rita ~ what a great inventory of tiki stuff and more.. oh and very cool tiki pipes for tobacco use only!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 9:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-17 21:15, dogbytes wrote:
we stopped in to see Hodad Hank & the Lovely Rita ~ what a great inventory of tiki stuff and more.. oh and very cool tiki pipes for tobacco use only!

Gotta love those tiki pipes for tobacco only! I have a few from Artist X.

Erik the Red

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-25 8:16 pm   Permalink

As an avid tobacco pipe collector I will def have to check those out when me and MyMotiki are in San Diego for the Tiki Oasis! It's SOOOOOOOO far away though!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 6:27 pm   Permalink

Just a bump for the trademarked map

Beer or dog toys is acceptable printing of the map

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 08:35 am   Permalink

Aloha, Tiki-Freaks!!

Here's a whole bunch-o-Freaky Boutiki pics!

Hope ya enjoyed the tour!

Cheers!

KreepyTiki (aka "Castaway Clemens")

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 6:07 pm   Permalink

Now that is what a contemporary Tiki store should look like! You are really fully ladling from the rich sources of Southern Californian Tikidom. It's looking like O.A.'s lil' brother!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 09:26 am   Permalink

I really need to get to this place already.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 10:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha, all!

I thought I'd post a pictorial tribute to Freaky Boutiki & Crazy Al that I just created on Paintshop Pro...

It's a computer-enhanced version of this pic which I posted some days ago:

Cheers!

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 07:46 am   Permalink

looks like the Munk area.
What is this in the photo below.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 12:27 pm   Permalink

Kreepy: Mahalo nui loa for the great pics!

BigBro:

Jeff: Yeah really! WTF?

This, my friend is an Astro Ahtray by the mysterious Artist X.

I spotted him a few years ago in Las Vegas; a complete stranger dashing through a crowd wearing a velvet smoking jacket and a fez. Naturally, I was compeled to introduce myself and the rest as they say is history.

Artist X has created a full line of poly-pop and low brow inspired smokers accessories as well as ash-free insence burners.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation