FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving mission tiki the carvings are coming !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
mission tiki the carvings are coming !
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 10:49 am   Permalink

now that is some pretty cool stuff! i like it alot. keep em comming

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-05 1:36 pm   Permalink

hi diablo its just awesome work and the buried moai looks great

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 7:08 pm   Permalink

Hey Chikitiki, this job is bringing something out from Deep in your halls of Easter Island design... Maybe your great, great, ggreat, great,great grandpappy was a moai and he was prolly so good they turned him to stone and made him a Moai god. You never know when these things are just gonna show up and effect the rest of your life from No until forever! So There. Awesome Job, Maing. Only ting I can say is youse might be slackin off a bit hoping noone would notice- - - I Seee. Pick it up a beat and get it done already,Inquiring minds wanna know how it comes together.
HappyHappy
And More Happy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Perlow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-05 7:30 pm   Permalink

You know, if you want to be authentically Rapa-Nui, you really need headstones and eye coverings for those Moai.

View Profile of Jason Perlow Send a personal message to Jason Perlow  Email Jason Perlow Goto the website of Jason Perlow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
loco moke
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-05 7:39 pm   Permalink

Nice finish on the Moai, TD.
An alternative to Foamtek is Dryvit. They use this on all the the mall facades across the country and on some theming and movie prop fabrication as well.. This might be something a little more readily available for others to locate if they wish to give foam a try. Warning! Foam is fun, but it is static charged and sticks to everything when you sculpt with it eh, Diablo? Just curious about the density of the foam you were using 1.5lb or 2lb?
Keep up the good work.

[ This Message was edited by: loco moke 2006-07-06 06:42 ]

View Profile of loco moke Send a personal message to loco moke  Email loco moke Goto the website of loco moke     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 8:08 pm   Permalink

Looks awsome Danny, I can't wait to see it in person.

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 08:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-05 19:08, Benzart wrote:
Hey Chikitiki, this job is bringing something out from Deep in your halls of Easter Island design... Maybe your great, great, ggreat, great,great grandpappy was a moai and he was prolly so good they turned him to stone and made him a Moai god. You never know when these things are just gonna show up and effect the rest of your life from No until forever! So There. Awesome Job, Maing. Only ting I can say is youse might be slackin off a bit hoping noone would notice- - - I Seee. Pick it up a beat and get it done already,Inquiring minds wanna know how it comes together.
HappyHappy
And More Happy

Hey Ben, Yeah I have always been drawn to these moai types, I seem to have a Moai-ish nose on me as well. I am going all out now with the theatre so it looks a lil mo tiki for the event, but don't want to rush and lose quality. The inside of the snack bar decor was done in a three day thrash, but is not the final product. It still is going to bug me until I re-do it in a proper fashion.

The foam is messy stuff as Bosko warned me about. I used 1.5lb foam on these moai .

Doug, finally got some tikis in there for ya.

Now off to the theatre!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 08:37 am   Permalink

To Ben I will always be THECHIKITIKI! We have it like that!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-24 10:25 am   Permalink

Light post signs before final manilla rope detail added.

Added some shields and fabbed up two orange and white illuminated signs ("refreshments") for the snack bar.
The planters were added as well as some additional support columns and faux metal bamboo railings.

I will carve up some masks and hang them on the bamboo panels above the planters. Also designing the lighting for the focal points and elsewhere. Yes, it is all in the lighting!

Post more updates later.

M-F 9to5 PST
(310)973-0779

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-09-24 10:28 ]

TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-24 6:21 pm   Permalink

Loook'n SsweeetT D'!!! I wish I lived closer to do all my movies from da drive-in...can't wait to see the masks on shields! NICE!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-24 9:33 pm   Permalink

Looking great Danny!

Nice work! Love the shields and the signs. Takes the place back to the original days of the drive-ins.

See you in a couple weeks on the sands of Fort Lauderdale!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-25 10:10 am   Permalink

latest stuff

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-25 11:47 am   Permalink

Mission tiki looks amazing - I love the contrast of colors with the dark wood. I still need to make it out there and check it out in person.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 07:52 am   Permalink

Face down tiki

Another biggie. BOT on forehead for scale. These guys are going to sit on a lava rock base and cover a structural pole outside of the snack bar. One more monster to carve today.

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 09:57 am   Permalink

Hell ya Danny. Love him. The whole place is tight. What a great canvas for you to work magic on.

I'm trying to wrangle a log that size to drop into Foundation Tiki Bar here in Brew Town. We've had so much rain this December that getting to the log dump is nearly impossible with all the mud.

Pine or palm? How are you moving it? Wrestling it around the room? Sometimes that's the easiest.

Looking forward to seeing him standing!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-12-28 09:58 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation