[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars indoor waterfall
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
indoor waterfall
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-15 11:54 am   Permalink

im in so cal and need to find THE place to get a really cool tropical waterfall for the entrance to my tiki room. online is also ok. i will spend a couple bills for the right one. thanks.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-15 12:46 pm   Permalink

If your down in the orange county area check out the Waterfall Company at the orange county fairgrounds swapmeet. They have all sizes. I still have the number if you want it.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 09:18 am   Permalink

twowheelin',
Yes, there's a waterfall vendor at the OC Marketplace every weekend. Every once in a while he even sells fiberglass tikis (5-6 footers). However, if you're crafty, you might want to try making one yourself. I helped my father-in-law build a waterfall in his garden. Pick up a water pump at any Home Depot and use chicken wire as a frame and plaster to simulate the rock formation. This way you can shape it to hold foliage/plants, etc, and contour it to the space you are putting it in. There's lots of books on topic that can help you out. Just go to Amazon.com and type in "Waterfalls."

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 2:20 pm   Permalink

I don't know if it is still there, but California Art Products in North Hollywood, on 11111 N.Chandler Blvd. used to have over ten different waterfall designs, PLUS they have the molds of a couple of the old fiberglass Tikis, one being the weird red feather idol/Kamehameha head that OA has (and can be seen in Elvis' "Clambake").
They weren't cheap. Phone 818/762-42 76

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 11:06 pm   Permalink

Twowheeln,
I dont know if your still looking for fountains but I found some on ebay you might take a look at...3' tall bamboo rattan water fountain..item# 2082700642. The seller has some other ones too.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 05:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-12-16 14:20, bigbrotiki wrote:
I don't know if it is still there, but California Art Products in North Hollywood, on 11111 N.Chandler Blvd. used to have over ten different waterfall designs, PLUS they have the molds of a couple of the old fiberglass Tikis, one being the weird red feather idol/Kamehameha head that OA has (and can be seen in Elvis' "Clambake").
They weren't cheap. Phone 818/762-42 76

They are still there and in business... They were on my Valley Tour! They also did a fiberglass chair for the last season of the original Star Trek series in the 1960s!

Yes they have some interesting waterfalls - but expensive... I ended up buying a fiberglass saucer from their 'cast-off' junk pile and turning it into a fountain. I just added those black rocks to cover the pump and it sits in the middle of our interior atrium.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-20 12:03 am   Permalink

I remember that fountain. It was made at home but sure doesn't look home-made! Very nice.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-20 12:03 am   Permalink

I remember that fountain. It was made at home but sure doesn't look home-made! Very nice.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-23 2:36 pm   Permalink

I built a bamboo fountain a while ago and had a problem with algae. I had to take it apart because it stunk but I haven't given up the dream yet. There was dead bamboo that made up the fountain and it was constantly in the water. I figure that was what was causing the problems. If anyone has any ideas about how to solve this problem, feel free to let me in on it.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-23 3:20 pm   Permalink

Lucky,
Since my father-in-laws fountain doesn't contain fish, he uses the same chemicals he uses in the swimming pool to prevent algae from growing. Is your fountain next to a window or exposed to the sun? Sunlight will actually accelerate algae growth.

Poly-Pop *

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-23 5:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks Pop. It is by a window but that is because I also had bamboo growing in it. If I take it from the window the algae won't grow as fast but the bamboo will die. I thought about putting the pool chemicals in there too but that would also kill the bamboo. I think the pool chemicals are a great idea if I can put the bamboo in their own container within the fountain seperate from the other water. I guess I'll figure it out. I'm also looking for a new container to put the fountain in. Once again, if anyone has any ideas of where to find something like that please let me know, thanks.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Talkie-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-23 7:17 pm   Permalink

you should go here
http://www.holidaypoolsandspas.com/rockspas.html
instead og getting a waterfall get a waterfall rock spa that way you double your pleasure I think an indoor rockspa in your tiki bar wold be the shit! you cold sip mai-tais all night and relax in you waterfall spa also it wold be a good decoration for your bar I think they also sell waterfalls to but hell dont skimp with the tiny little waterfall "go for broke" (go all out )

View Profile of Talkie-Tiki Send a personal message to Talkie-Tiki  Email Talkie-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-23 10:49 pm   Permalink

Lucky, I think it might be a challenge keeping out the algae if you are growing the bamboo in it. I'm not an expert, I just think common sense would dictate that. How long have you had the bamboo growing in the fountain? I'd think that after the algae has established itself the bugs and gnats will follow.

You might want to talk to someone at a nursery like Armstrong Garden center. I'm sure they've had customers who've had this problem before. Good luck.

Poly-Pop *

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-24 10:37 am   Permalink

I think the algae is caused by the dead bamboo that makes up the structure of the fountain. Even though I coated it with a sealent, it was just rotting in the water. I'll beat this yet.

Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-24 12:17 pm   Permalink

Maybe you can try a couple of algae eater fish sold at most tropical fish stores... they're pretty cheap, and I used to have a few in aquariums to keep them reasonably algae free.

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation