FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 7
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 7
Wolli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-28 3:44 pm   Permalink

Any information for 2007 out now?
the date and place would be very interesting, because I have to start searching for cheap flights to the US.

I know it's a little bit early !

Mahalo,
Wolli

View Profile of Wolli Send a personal message to Wolli  Goto the website of Wolli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2006-12-01 05:44 am   Permalink

Never too early to start planning. I see Oasis is planned for the weekend of August 16-19, 2007 at the Hanlei http://blog.humuhumu.com/2006/09/02/san-diego-tiki-oasis-2007

I am looking forward to attending my first Oasis in 2007 (I like the sound of that....007).

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2006-12-01 05:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2006-12-01 06:05 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2006-12-01 06:48 am   Permalink

http://www.tikioasis.com/ Lots of info out Wolli, so hopefully you can book a flight now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 07:57 am   Permalink

This may very well be the year I make it to Oasis. That'll be nice. I've never been further west that Iowa.

California: The birthplace of Tiki.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 09:24 am   Permalink

Here is the ad in TikiMag.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2006-12-01 09:30 am   Permalink

You will surely be addicted to California once you come....and San Diego is one of the best places to visit. I am hoping the Hanalei has kept the good tiki spirit. I remember it in its heyday...it was tropofabulous!!!

There are some really great antique/collectable stores in Ocean Beach on Newport Ave. We otta get a gang together and head out to shop and then convene at the South Beach Bar and Grill right by the Ocean Beach pier. Drinks and food are fair, but the view is great. That is if we aren't already broke from Oasis....LOL
http://www.eyeonob.com/shops.asp

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 09:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-01 09:30, VampiressRN wrote:
I am hoping the Hanalei has kept the good tiki spirit. I remember it in its heyday...it was tropofabulous!!!

I seem to be the bearer of bad news of late...

Is the Islands Restaurant/Hanalei Hotel being gutted?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2006-12-02 12:50 am   Permalink

Yes....I had read that thread...thanks for the link. So sad to see some of the most historical bars in San Diego are getting "remodeled" now that we are all ready to hang out in them again. If the Bali Hai ever bites the dust....we know it will be the end of Tiki in San Diego. The lava waterfall was so kewl at the Hanalei and the cute little stage...just the right size for jamming, while the revelers sucked down umbrelled fruit concoctions.

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 09:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-01 09:30, VampiressRN wrote:
You will surely be addicted to California once you come....and San Diego is one of the best places to visit. I am hoping the Hanalei has kept the good tiki spirit. I remember it in its heyday...it was tropofabulous!!!

There are some really great antique/collectable stores in Ocean Beach on Newport Ave. We otta get a gang together and head out to shop and then convene at the South Beach Bar and Grill right by the Ocean Beach pier. Drinks and food are fair, but the view is great. That is if we aren't already broke from Oasis....LOL
http://www.eyeonob.com/shops.asp

Hmmm, it sounds like it might be time to make a Shopping version of the
"San Diego Area (mostly vintage) Bars and Restaurants" thread...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-04 10:49 am   Permalink

OK Folks, sorry for the lack of information regarding Tiki Oasis. It has been a nightmare trying to launch the Tiki Oasis website so I am going to give you almost all of the info that is to be placed onto the site (this month) so you can plan in advance. Please do not barrage me with questions as most of them will be answered once the site is up and running. There will be room descriptions, a map, etc. I am working on putting together packages that will make booking easier and a bit cheaper. A couple packages are listed below and there might be other ones that include T-shirts, glassware, mug (ie TO7 swag) but for now this is all I can provide. The below info will help you budget. Special note: Saturday shopping bazaar will be open ONLY to hotel guests with Sunday open to the general public. If you want to shop on Saturday book into the Hanalei Hotel.

The original Tiki weekender is back! Now in its 7th installment, it all happens this summer in San Diego, California August 16-19, 2007! LAs premiere Exotica band The Blue Hawaiians headline! Tikiphiles will also be treated to the triumphant return of the only Tiki-a-Go-Go band - The Tiki Tones. Top Go Go music DJs in the country spin records for an outdoor dance party under the palm trees. Come and enjoy three nights and three days of Tiki-a-Go-Go fun in the sun!
Kick off the weekend on Thursday with a pre-party at the historic Bali Hai restaurant on Shelter Island with early evening entertainment by The Martini Kings. Spend Friday at the Hanalei Tiki lagoon and pool party, in the evening join the party by the pool with a full night of live entertainment. Go go go all day and all night Saturday at the Hanalei hotel with special daytime activities and all night dance party. Chill out on Saturday & Sunday shopping in our poolside bazaar featuring over forty vendors or catch an educational seminar with Beachbum Berry, Bosko, Sven Kirsten, Domenic Priore, or Otto von Stroheim.

Tiki Oasis 7 is pleased to offer the following discounted group rates.
All booking must include Friday and Saturday night stay as well as tickets to Friday and Saturday night events
Additional days before or after Oasis are offered at a discounted rate of $145 per night for all Standard Rooms (non-suites) for the following dates August 15, 16, 19, 20.

Room Rates

Party in style with the All Weekend Long package. Stay four nights and get a FREE Tiki Oasis 7 Munktiki mug! Your choice of nights (must include Friday and Saturday) plus two tickets for Friday and Saturday for only $680. Additional nights can be added for $145 per night. Offer ends March 15, 2007.

All Weekend Long single package. Stay four nights and get a FREE Tiki Oasis 7 Munktiki mug! Your choice of nights (must include Friday and Saturday) plus ONE ticket for Friday and Saturday for only $640. Offer ends March 15, 2007.

Discount Booking rate $155 (Discounted rate ends at midnight March 15)
All regular rooms - Superior King, Queen, Double; Smoking, non-smoking;

Standard booking rate $165 (After March 15)

Tower Suites $385
Two-Room Tower Suites $549
Lanai Suite $365 (picture is listed as Suite 1 on Hanalei site)
Two-Room Lanai Suite $499

Friday & Saturday tickets $40

Friday only ticket $18

Saturday only ticket $25

Tiki Oasis 7 mug $50 (until March 15)

Beachbum Berry seminar - Seminar admissions TBD

Sven Kirsten seminar - Seminar admissions TBD

Bosko seminar - Seminar admissions Free

Domenic Priore seminar - Seminar admissions Free

Sunday Otto von Stroheim Tiki Art Now! Presentation admissions Free

Dont miss out on your chance to own The Tiki Oasis 7 limited edition mug.
The mug is based on the Tiki Oasis 7 logo designed by world famous artist Derek Yaniger and crafted by the masters of collectible-quality mugs Munktiki. Production is limited to 300 in special Go-Go glaze. Limit two mugs per customer.
Pre-order before March 15 and avoid waiting in line or missing out altogether!
We will not ship these mugs. You must pick them up at the event.

[ This Message was edited by: Otto 2007-01-04 10:51 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-01-04 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-04 10:49, Otto wrote:
Limit two mugs per customer

After the complaints from last year, why on earth are you making this 'two mugs per customer'...?

Have you no ears?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 3:17 pm   Permalink

Otto,
To clarify the All Weekend Long package (for two)... Includes: Regular hotel room for 4 nights, 1 mug, and 2 tickets to Friday's event AND 2 tickets for Saturday's event? You stated "2 tickets for Friday and Saturday" and want to be sure we all understand.

Thanks!

- Myke

[ This Message was edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-01-04 15:18 ]

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 4:00 pm   Permalink

OOHHH!! I better get Dr. NoNaMe to read this. I am so confused.

How do I reap the benefits if I only live four miles away? I want a mug, like BAD!

Two mugs per customer? Is a customer someone who buys the package or stands in line and just winds up being disappointed like last time? AAAARRRGHHHH!

"HONEEYYY, read this for me PAALLLEASSE!"

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 4:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-04 11:02, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-04 10:49, Otto wrote:
Limit two mugs per customer

After the complaints from last year, why on earth are you making this 'two mugs per customer'...?

Dear Tiki Oasis Attendees:
I was inspired by the lady with the stroller and kids last year that everyone was bitching about:
Based on last years problems, and the secondary sales amounts of the mugs on ebay, I have taken steps months ago to ensure that I will financially gain from this sort of situation at Tiki Oasis 7, should it be conducted like last year. Being a native San Diegan, and former san Diego area school teacher, I have hired 150 of my former inner city school students and friends to stay on call to become "line holders" for me. Prior to Tiki Oasis 7, all my line holders will show up and camp out in line, waiting for the mugs to go on sale. The line holders will NOT be reselling the mugs though, they WILL be selling their places in line to you, the tiki mug collector, for the chance to purchase a mug when they go on sale. Prior to the event, spots 1-50 in line will go for $100 each. Spots 51-100 will be sold for $75, and spots 101-150 will be live auctioned that day, based upon the amount of mugs left after the presale handouts.
All line spots come with no guarantee of actually receiving a mug and are non refundable.
Cash Only!
THIS MAY BE THE ONLY HOPE YOU EVER HAVE OF LAYING YOUR HANDS ON ONE OF THESE MUGS!!!
Act now, before you are bidding for one on ebay, at extremely high prices later on.
Welcome to San Diego and
Enjoy your stay!!

PM me and I will tell you where to send the cash.
Buzzy

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-01-04 16:15 ]

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 6:09 pm   Permalink

too friggin funny above.
at these prices for rooms, and scarce availability for the mugs.
It seems that they someone is trying to price the average Joe out of going to TO7, and just let in the high rollin tiki philes.

sad sad sad
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation