FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Bongwater or Monkeypod? Ona Tiki Mele 7/1/06
Bongwater or Monkeypod? Ona Tiki Mele 7/1/06
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-01 6:55 pm   Permalink

Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod,Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod,Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod, Bongwater or Monkeypod????????????????

AARRGGGHH!! I just can't decide!

Whoa baby! I could only handle three hours. OnaTiki and Moki put on a mele like no other. Fun times. Yes, fun times. One BW, two MPs, one SB (Suffering Bastart) and one beer to wake me.

Mr. NoNaMe

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-01 7:25 pm   Permalink

Duh! Bongwater, then Monkeypod!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-01 7:42 pm   Permalink

Having to decide seems like an evil, I say two of each.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 08:33 am   Permalink

The Bongwater was delicious. Thanks Bongofury.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 08:47 am   Permalink

For me it was two Bongwaters, one Monkeypod, two Suffering bastards. I had to leave to meet the family at the Padre game. I don't think I can rate one drink above the others. They were all great.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 09:14 am   Permalink

The Cocktails were tart & strong, the Kalua Pork was amazing (I mean really amazing, you you cooked it in the oven & not a Imu? PM me the recipe & instructions, please!), "2 scoop rice, one scoop mac" were sticky and creamy in that order and in the right amounts, the company was good and the house & yard are incredible as always. Thank you for having us over, I wish we could've stayed longer.

I forgot to ask the other day: I saw the new Ona Tiki signature Tiki & ETR Drummers but forgot to ask who'd done them? They looked like they might've been for a beanbag toss or something related?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 12:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-02 08:47, Matt Reese wrote:
For me it was two Bongwaters, one Monkeypod, two Suffering bastards. I had to leave to meet the family at the Padre game. I don't think I can rate one drink above the others. They were all great.

I concur with my esteemed colleague Matt, except I had to leave early to fix the aquarium pump before I became too impaired (when I got home my lobster had escaped from the tank and I had to rescue him from the cat). Great drinks. Good party.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 1:12 pm   Permalink

bongwater was good, different but good, the Monkey pod is growing on me, a few more and it may climb the list.
Here's my drink talley that I can rememeber.
2 Lapu lapu's in 15 min, right after I got there, to play catch up.
1 Sufering Bastard, Not a big gin fan, but a good drink.
1 Mai Tai made by Rich(instructed by Kristena)
1 Monkey Pod
1 Bongwater
2 Pepsi's with my food, sorry I like soda when I'm eating.
1 Keel Haul
1 Mai Tai
1/2 a Shark Bite shared with whale rider.

then the headache hit me about midnight, cut off....
1 package of pills, 3 bottles of water,and bed time under the stars
in the back yard. woke up kinda so so, not as bad as I thoughtit would be.
I think the hangover package and water are the big key.
Maybe I should pace myself a bit more, but what the hell right.
I'm not a everyday drinker. So I dive in head first.
maybe that's why my head hurt

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-07-04 11:55 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-03 9:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Here's my drink talley that I can rememeber.

First off, it was a pleasure to meet Rich. He made me my first 4 drinks!
Mine are:
4 Suffering Bastards
1 Bong Water
1 Monkey Pod
1 of Al's Mai Tais
part of Jeff's Keel Haul
1 Reverb Crash
1 of my own Mai Tais
1/2 Shark Bite
after that, it's a mystery what was in my glass!

-Kristena (Tiki Tena)

View Profile of tikimania Send a personal message to tikimania      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation