FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day at the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
International Tiki Day at the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 01:15 am   Permalink

For Seattle-area locals who cannot get enough of the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge and the mysterious Pond Of Voodoo during the Seattle Tiki Home Tour, please note that Pete's Annual August Party will be taking place the following Saturday, 8/12/2006, as usual. I'd very much like to see other tiki fans who might not be able to make the crawl weekend. As usual, the host accepts no responsibility for the actions of guests under the influence of Voodoo Punch.

More:
Party Rules & Details
Party E-vite
Enter the Voodoo Lounge

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 08:18 am   Permalink

I will be there, but I warn yuh: I'm comin' with an agenda: To take out my revenge on the Voodoo Punch fer killin' so many of my brain cells last year.

Fer those interested I'd guess the Voodoo Punch recipe must be somethin' like this:

20 pounds of ice
5 gallons of fruit juices
1 case of various rums
1 1/2 buckets of Pure Evil

Pour all ingredients into a well chilled cauldron, mix with the Devil's pitchfork.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 09:26 am   Permalink

We will probably arrive very late, I'll have one drink and then
fall asleep on the couch, (please reserve couch for me) while the Mrs. does here usual shopping for new tiki mugs and other cool trinkets to add to our collection. Are white pants allowed? Looking forward to the Jimmy Buffet tunes!!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 9:31 pm   Permalink

"We will probably arrive very late, I'll have one drink and then
fall asleep on the couch, (please reserve couch for me)...
" -tiki-riviera-

Mr Riviera: This is the thread fer Monkeyskull's 2006 party. You seem to be recallin' the
2005 party. Maybe yuh oughtta mix it up a bit and fall asleep somewhere else this year. Get wild.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 10:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-02 09:26, tiki-riviera wrote:

Looking forward to the Jimmy Buffet tunes!!

Then you better have your wife return all those CDs she took last year. (And bring back my "The Complete TJ Hooker" videotape set while you're at it!)

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 11:23 pm   Permalink

Bump...

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-06 11:39 pm   Permalink

we'll be there.. with snackies!

and a big purse..

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 09:35 am   Permalink

I dunno, two weekends in a row that include
the voodoo punch... lordy lordy lordy.

Duh, I'll be there. I want Dogbytes snacks!!!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 6:50 pm   Permalink

This event is the rum soaked carrot at the end of my work week!

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-12 5:48 pm   Permalink

i'm heating up the bbq chicken..and we'll be on our way to the voodoo lounge in a little while!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 6:01 pm   Permalink

I'll be leaving in a few!
Can only stay for an hour, caue I gotta hi-tail it
back to the WEst Side YO, Luna Park is sponsering Grease
tonight up at the outdoor movies. I'm Sandra Dee (go figure.)
Then back up to go ole Ballard to go see Dave Alvin.
sheeesh.
I'm tired just thinkin' bout it.
See y'all sooooon!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 01:32 am   Permalink

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Dogbytes bbq chicken sammiches
RULE!!!!!

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-13 12:11 pm   Permalink

hokey smokes, that was a fun party!

incriminating photos to follow, once i figure out the new image loading system.

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 3:54 pm   Permalink

How is it possible that I feel like I have a hangover today when I had NO alcohol at all last night? It's the Curse of the Voodoo Punch. I was standing near it and it crept into and penetrated my bloodstream I bet. Just a theory.

Thanks to Monkeyskull for yet another great ITD bash! It was fun seeing everyone again and meeting some new people as well.

Some interesting things were unearthed throughout the night but one of the better ones was this:

Mr. Dogbytes can substitute for Monkeyskull if Monkeyskull has had too much to drink and has passed out (not that that would EVER happen).

My burning questions:

Did anyone ever see any shooting stars? (Perseid Showers)

Did Monkeyskull pass out?

Are the no-longer-Voodoo-Virgins suffering today? (Two gals that Monkeyskull works with)

Did Poi Pupu (close enough) surrender and run a Voodoo Punch IV through his arm? (He goes waaay back with the Voodoo Punch, but when I left it appeared the Punch was winning)

Did Jim return to another year of Solitude in ______ ? (I can't expose the details, but let's just say I'm in the know)

Why is Sweetpea so hard to find?

Did Terrence ever get anyone to dance?

Does Monica want my shoes?

Why did Woofmutt and Sparky REALLY have to leave so early? Is anyone buying the airport story?

And finally...what happened after I left?

p.s. DOGBYTES: "incriminating photos to follow, once i figure out the new image loading system"

I am praying that you NEVER figure it out! All rumours are FALSE! Thanks for the BBQ Chicken Sandwich to go!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 9:25 pm   Permalink

The host of the Voodoo Lounge party would never "pass out." Occasionally, he goes to sleep very quickly.

Thanks all for a grand time.

P.S. Any photos that show up more than 24 hours later are obviously retouched.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation