FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day at the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
International Tiki Day at the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-14 11:12 am   Permalink

Monkeyskull gets a Hostess Gift ~ look at that UnTiki Gift Wrap.

Nordic Tiki

Dogs & Cats, living together (well, not so much since the Final Decree.. but Woofmutt and Exoticat remain civil, in general)

Lopaka and Puamana

The Pineapples
Get a room, already!

Mrs Riviera caught red-handed

The Bytes'

Exoticat chums up to Terance Gunn

Dont taunt Happy Fun Ball
unable to find cups, Puamana helps Mrs Pineapple dispense Mai Tai directly

and now, Exoticat's kanoodling behind the barwith Mr Bytes.
i took the picture as evidence for my "he needed killing" defense strategy.

Tiki-bot and T-Bone (they sit alphabetically in homeroom}

Monkeyskull and Puamana wear white only before Labor Day

what is this i spy with my bloodshot eyes?

i am reviled at the sight of UnTiki Owl Mug amongst Monkeyskull's Massive Collection of Munktiki

however Sticky-Fingers Riviera liked it enough to lift

Mrs Riviera, Mrs Pineapple, TikiBot and Mr Bytes

and whats this? Exoticat moving in on Monkeyskull?

things were going well, then Woof and the former Mizzus blanch
when he arrives

this is Ivan. NO he's not a Furry, i asked (my bad)! He's in Tiger Print from head to toe..and he knows how this drives Woofmutt crazy! yet he persists...

Selector Lopaka loves Shecky..perhaps a bit too much {photo deleted per request of Mrs Lopaka "too creepy"}

Special Guest of Honor ~ Thing ~ helped himself to the buffet

Did anyone ever see any shooting stars? no, but Russell's Fez has blinking eyes (those are cupcake ice-cream cones i made.)

Did Monkeyskull pass out? Still standing

Are the no-longer-Voodoo-Virgins suffering today?Terry (VP WaMu)suffers everyday she works with The Skull

Did Poi Pupu surrender and run a Voodoo Punch IV through his arm? WaMu VPs NEVER Surrender.

other friends of Monkeyskull's, all WaMu Vice Presidents. actually anyone Pete knows that's not in TC, is indeed, a WaMu VP. cept Poi, he's both.

Why is Sweetpea so hard to find? no photos..i think shes in the witness relocation program.

Did Terrence ever get anyone to dance? nope, the cheese stands alone

Why did Woofmutt and Sparky REALLY have to leave so early? Is anyone buying the airport story? of course not, notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat.

what happened after I left? Lopaka snacks and awaits instructions from the MotherShip
and the Fez Folks beam down

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 1:21 pm   Permalink

ha ha haaa that was damn funny, great job dogbytes!

I now have some deep regrets:

- That I didn't spend more time with Sticky-Fingers Riviera. Must learn from the Master. All I went home with was a Tiki Magazine.

- That I didn't meet IVAN (and we were actually on our way to find him and got distracted) *regret regret regret*

- That I didn't make an appropriate Fez

- That I didn't tell Terrance that he should "Dance like no one was watching" (but Dogbytes would secretly be hiding with her camera)

- That I didn't wait for the Mothership as transportation home (the 2 hour route I had wasn't that fun)

- That I didn't realize that *some* people over 40 need to work out! I think Dogbytes added 20+ pounds to all my photos when she retouched them (tsk tsk :nono badgirl!)

- That I didn't get a shot of Dogbytes when she was flashing people (yes, she was!)

- And lastly, that I didn't investigate that Happy Fun Ball pump!

I'm sure the rest of you have regrets too.

Oh, and I only have two photos so far:

Shot of Monkeyskull's Garden revamped for a CD cover:

and here I am on the ferry over, oblivious to all that is in my future:

Can't wait for the Tiki Now night(s)!!! Let me know now if I need a fez or something special.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 2:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Did Terrence ever get anyone to dance? nope, the cheese stands alone [img]http://tikiroom.com/img/9x44e0b17d.jpg

That's 'The Big Cheese', to you. And my name is spelled 'Terence', not 'Terance' or 'Terrence'. And I wasn't alone: I had Monkeyskull's dehydrated miniature pineapple to keep me company (though it's conversation was a bit on the dry side). Anyway, was I supposed to get anyone to dance? I played music purely for background.

In any case, that comment is pure vengeful liable, as shortly after the sun went down, Mr. and Mrs. dogbytes did a rather embarrassing break dance routine to Martin Denny's 'Quiet Village'.

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2006-08-14 15:47 ]

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 3:57 pm   Permalink

Strategy I've developed for getting my way with unsuspecting men.

Photo by event photographer, Dogbytes

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 3:57 pm   Permalink

WOW! This was my 4th favorite international tiki day party ever! The
rum scented midori martini's packed quite a punch. After three of those
I could barely stand, and the strobe light reflecting off of the disco
ball hypnotized me into a trance that ended with me polluting the water
of the fountain of voodoo (a skimming net ahould remove the large chunks).
Hey, I want to apologize to big Norman Klumpowski, when I said that B of A
rules and WaMu is for idiot fools, that was the midori martini's talking.
You party people are the best, and whoever it was that shaved "Premiere Tool"
in my back hair when I passed out, good one! ...

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 8:00 pm   Permalink

Wow, great pics Dogbytes -- thanks for posting them. But geez, it just figures that when I finally get the goods on Ms. Tiki-Riviera it would be the same night that she and I finally ---- um, I'll have to tell you this one on a forum Mr. Riviera doesn't read.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 8:11 pm   Permalink

Oh yes, and regardless of how wonderful the evening was, I want my Steve Crane Munktiki Ape Severed Owl Head mug back. I paid Woofmutt a fortune for that.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poi_polloi

Posted: 2006-08-14 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-13 21:25, monkeyskull wrote:
The host of the Voodoo Lounge party would never "pass out." Occasionally, he goes to sleep very quickly.

Sure, and that's not a pool of your own sick that you find around your head after your spontaneous sleeping fits; it's actually just a warm, orange, chunky, liquid pillow.

Poi Polloi (not "Pupu." What's wrong with you people?)

View Profile of poi_polloi Send a personal message to poi_polloi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 9:59 pm   Permalink

Just in case anyone thinks people are exaggerating about the horrible dangers of Voodoo Punch...

Lawyers, MBAs, and their ilk:

The infamous TikiShakers:

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 08:15 am   Permalink

I want my Steve Crane Munktiki Ape Severed Owl Head mug back. I paid Woofmutt a fortune for that.
-monkeyskull-

Well, monkeyskull, hardly a fortune...But certainly a price that reflects the rarity of the only owl mug Crane ever made, which is why none of the rest of you have ever heard of the mug. So stop tellin' monkeyskull he "got took".

I think Dogbytes added 20+ pounds to all my photos when she retouched them
-Exoticat-

I have to agree with Exoticat...I think it's just the princess personality of
Mrs Bytes that wants to make all of us svelte and elegant swells look so...Common.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 11:30 am   Permalink

We should get her back at the next event. However, with our common minds, I'm not feeling hopeful that we can come up with a decent plan. Perhaps we need to turn to New Linearism? Maybe an emergency meeting at Monkeyskull's is in order. With rum. I'm heading out of town soon, but maybe when I get back?

monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 10:54 pm   Permalink

IT RETURNS.......... Must... have.... Voodoo punch!

It's the International Tiki Day August Party in the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge!
This Saturday, 7:00pm, 926 N. 93rd St., Seattle.

Everything you need to know -- and you must know -- lies here:

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 3:05 pm   Permalink

It is with much sadness that due to a botched cuticle adjustment procedure,
I will be unable to attend the festivities this year. Although my absence
may reduce the bemusement factor for some, at least no one will have to endure
me drunkenly drooling in the Voodoo punch bowl like last year. Actually
I don't think anyone noticed, because I slowly backed away as if nothing happened,
and casually resumed my nap on the sofa.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-08 3:30 pm   Permalink

swell ~ a year has passed, and the restraining order, i'm pretty sure, has expired. hopefully my muu muu will hide the SCRAM ankle braclet i'm "voluntarily" wearing. see you saturday!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 3:51 pm   Permalink

Pea and friends after voodoo punch!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation