Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Witco stools-out of my price range
Witco stools-out of my price range
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 12:45 am   Permalink

I've been watching this auction for a while as I'm sure some of you have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=747296642&rd=1
It just went over my limit. It ends soon at an ungodly hour! These prices make me want to sell my witco (I have 5 of these stools with pads)
The high bidders right now are jackandkelly check out what they have bought in the past. Odd things like a full size rhino head mounted and a life size dressed cow with big red lips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13657&item=737187480

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10865&item=726883547
Don't you think the witco will be right at home. (Sven shudders)

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 08:34 am   Permalink

does that mean 510.00 each or for the pair?

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 09:16 am   Permalink

Not too bad, actually. I expected them to go higher. They were sold as a pair. Are these the stools you have Ben?

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-16 9:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha Laney,
Those be the ones. I'm in line for 1 or 2 more soon. And, working on owning another bar with stools for a barter thang. Score!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-17 1:29 pm   Permalink

I was watching those stools as well. I could not believe how much they went for. I own two that seem to be very similar that I found at a local flea market. I picked them up for only $30 a piece.

I have a picture of them but I cannot figure out how to post them. Let me know how to as I would like some feedback about the stools I have.

[ This Message was edited by: tikisobayli on 2002-12-17 13:31 ]

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-17 11:27 pm   Permalink

EH! tikisobayli u like sell em? da witco stools? I'm still waiting on boobam Ben fo da barter. But wen i get friends fo visit i like to have them sit in style too! Boobam Ben if you get da extra witco bar you hold one of dem too bra! I'll worry about getting dem to Honolulu later.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-21 09:26 am   Permalink

Lizard that Changes Color,
I'm going to hold onto the other bar cause Mrs. Boo now owns the first one I got. I've always wanted to do something wacky and I might change half of it to my style.(i was almost in line for an original Picasso and wanted to paint on half the canvas)(i guess it;s the angst/artist in me)(to cause a "scene") I'll know next week about the other stool(s). Like I said, you will be getting the first one. It might just show up on your door step someday!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation