FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events **Updated 9/12** Polynesiacs (aka volunteers) Still Needed for Hukilau '06
**Updated 9/12** Polynesiacs (aka volunteers) Still Needed for Hukilau '06
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 08:13 am   Permalink

We are still in need of volunteers. Some of you couldn't commit to the full 8 hour schedule but still wanted to help. Now is your chance. We have some small gaps to fill in and are looking for Polynesiacs who would like to volunteer 3-4 hours. Please pM us or email us right away.

Thanx & Aloha,

Jason & Staci
The TikiPugs

Aloha Everyone,

Mrs. Pug and myself are excited to announce that we are the Volunteer Coordinators for Hukilau '06. We are looking forward to another awesome Hukilau. This is a call to all Polynesiacs (volunteers). Hukilau is a volunteer run event and we need your help.

Some of the duties Polynesiacs are needed for:
Registration/Information Desk
Stuffing goodie bags
Selling Hukilau merchandise
Checking wristbands
Handing out leis

Polynesiacs will be needed for 8 hours over the weekend. In return, you will receive sweet limited edition schwag and a deeply discounted Aloha Pass. If the seminar you were dying to see sold out before you bought a ticket, now would be the perfect time to volunteer and work the door at that seminar.

Send us a personal message or email us at
volunteer@thehukilau.com

"Oh, we're going to the Hukilau..."

Mahalo,
Jason & Staci
Mr. & Mrs. TikiPug

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPug 2006-07-06 08:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikipug 2006-09-12 17:13 ]

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 5:12 pm   Permalink

You know, my wife and I would be happy to help, but we'll have our kids with us and this will be our first Hukilau. So... I'm not sure it would really work out. We might be more volunteerish for year 2.

But, "stuffing goodie bags"... Is that something we can do from home before Hukilau? Since we're driving down (only a 4 hr road trip), we can load the trunk with goodie bags if need be. Let us know.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 1:11 pm   Permalink

Utopiandreem & i are in!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-08 09:48 am   Permalink

You had me at Aloha! See you in Lauderdale, just let me know what you need.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 10:52 pm   Permalink

Thanx for the replies.

GatorRob,
Thanx for the offer, but all the stuff for the goodie bags will be at the hotel. We will mark you down for first on the list for next year.

rubymatt,
Thanx for volunteering. We will be getting in touch with you soon to get you a schedule.

Jason & Staci
The TikiPugs

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 11:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-06 08:13, TikiPug wrote:
Aloha Everyone,

Mrs. Pug and myself are excited to announce that we are the Volunteer Coordinators for Hukilau '06. We are looking forward to another awesome Hukilau. This is a call to all Polynesiacs (volunteers). Hukilau is a volunteer run event and we need your help.

Some of the duties Polynesiacs are needed for:
Registration/Information Desk
Stuffing goodie bags
Selling Hukilau merchandise

Checking wristbands

Handing out leis

Polynesiacs will be needed for 8 hours over the weekend. In return, you will receive sweet limited edition schwag and a deeply discounted Aloha Pass. If the seminar you were dying to see sold out before you bought a ticket, now would be the perfect time to volunteer and work the door at that seminar.

Send us a personal message or email us at volunteer@thehukilau.com

"Oh, we're going to the Hukilau..."

Mahalo,
Jason & Staci
Mr. & Mrs. TikiPug

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPug 2006-07-06 08:14 ]

Handing out Leis???

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 11:14 am   Permalink

As per PM, I am in where needed on Th & Fri. but if you really need some help on other days I can be flexible. I just have to think about spending some with the Wahine and Hukilau newbies that I invited.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 9:00 pm   Permalink

We finally got the Polynesiacs schedule going. We've got some great Polynesiacs but need more. It isn't hard work and is a ton of fun. Plus you get to meet everyone coming through the door.

We already have Polynesiacs for the first Beachbum Berry Mixology Seminar but need help with the Sunday seminar.

As an added bonus, you will also receive a hug from both of us.

"Oh we're going to the Hukilau...."

Jason & Staci
The TikiPugs
Polynesiacs Coordinators

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPug 2006-07-17 21:01 ]

Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-18 06:46 am   Permalink

The hubby and I are trying to make it to Hukilau this year. (We tried last year too, but work just would not allow- stupid Halloween Horror Nights). Once I find out about work, I'll know. We'd love to help.

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 5:14 pm   Permalink

Please see first post for update.

Thanx & Aloha,
Jasonn & Staci
The TikiPugs

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 9:29 pm   Permalink

I would like to say, even if you can only volunteer for 2 hours we would still like to hear from you!! Email at volunteer@thehukilau.com

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 11:03 am   Permalink

BIg Bump!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation