advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel One day in Chicago - What tiki places to choose?
One day in Chicago - What tiki places to choose?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 09:45 am   Permalink

My girlfriend and I are in Chicago (well, Oakbrook Terrace) today. We're starting an IL Rt 66 excursion and we may have time to beak away from 66 to do a bit of tiki.

We're leaning toward Chef Shangri-La for possible dinner and Hala Kahiki for late drinks.

Any alternative suggestions? Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackalope 2006-07-06 10:08 ]

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-08 3:30 pm   Permalink

I'm thinking "Oakbrook Terrace? Why does that sound so familiar?" Duh, my son used to live right there! Hala Kahiki & Chef Shangri-La are closest, but The Tiki Terrace has the killer floor show on weekends, plus Mai-Tai Tuesdays ($3 Mai-Tais all day!) and Zombie Thursdays (2-for-1 Zombies all day), killer mixologists behind the bar (I had the best ever Suffering Bastard here), and the best live Hawaiian music in all Chicagoland.
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation