FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel One day in Chicago - What tiki places to choose?
One day in Chicago - What tiki places to choose?
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 09:45 am   Permalink

My girlfriend and I are in Chicago (well, Oakbrook Terrace) today. We're starting an IL Rt 66 excursion and we may have time to beak away from 66 to do a bit of tiki.

We're leaning toward Chef Shangri-La for possible dinner and Hala Kahiki for late drinks.

Any alternative suggestions? Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackalope 2006-07-06 10:08 ]

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-08 3:30 pm   Permalink

I'm thinking "Oakbrook Terrace? Why does that sound so familiar?" Duh, my son used to live right there! Hala Kahiki & Chef Shangri-La are closest, but The Tiki Terrace has the killer floor show on weekends, plus Mai-Tai Tuesdays ($3 Mai-Tais all day!) and Zombie Thursdays (2-for-1 Zombies all day), killer mixologists behind the bar (I had the best ever Suffering Bastard here), and the best live Hawaiian music in all Chicagoland.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation