FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food The Mai Tai, a component study in Mixology

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
The Mai Tai, a component study in Mixology
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 04:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-24 20:33, telescopes wrote:..Could it be that the Mai Tai is really the child of a Jamaican and the Martinique thing is an adoptive father for a drink made an orphan by the winds of time?

A very eloquent way of putting it. And proably very close to the truth.

As to you question of subbing Mount Gay, I like Appelton VX and Mount Gay Eclipse in a Mai-tai, both of which are staples at my local suppliers and both about $30 a bottle.

I can't recommend Myers for a Mai-tai because I don't recommend Myers for anything. And, the only reason I don't recomend it for anything is becasue I don't like the stuff. There is nothing wrong with it and many people here call it their favorite rum. If you like it, keep pouring it. Just none for me, thanks.

And, just for experimentations sake.... Try using Amarreto in place of the Orgeat when using the Meyers. Amerreto is not really almond, but the aroma is still exotic enough that it might help the Meyers. Of course I could be way wrong........

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation