FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 09:27 am   Permalink

You deserve the title of best carver of the world, of the seas and oceans !

Amazing carving, never seen anything as wonderful.

As a French, I should add that the translation of Surf Tiki is perfect.

Respect,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 09:57 am   Permalink

BRAVO AL!
Thanks for sharing the fruits of your research
and giving us ALL that insight on the thought process behind a carving!
I think you overcame that Blank Page Syndrome Splendidly!
Also, the way you work allows it to flow and to be BOTH the natural progression of the process
AND leaves enough to surprise and interest you til it's finished!
EPIC! Kept me hypnotized at the SurfBeat show for awhile!
Thanks for creating and explaining!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 09:59 am   Permalink

That is one great story! Truly tapping into and manifesting the spirit of your piece. Very informative and educational. Thanks. I love the sychronicity that can happen when you get really involved in working on something. I also appreciated being able to read your work more adequately....I usually hate it when work is explained, but this made it fuller, and much more powerful. It reminded me of a time years ago when I was listening to Didge music and started making dot patterns on one of my pots. About six months later at the library, I discovered that this was how the aboriginal peoples of Australia made drawings, and that they were often 'maps' of sorts. Your sculpture is a wonderful blend of cultures and images.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 2:58 pm   Permalink

I changed this Pizza Hut flyer over four years ago almost to the exact day. I added what now I can identify as your #2 tiki at the bottom. Now that you have made this tiki into a mug I will drinking out of it in no time. That beautiful teal too

MakeMake interested me when I first saw its image of a Munktiki mug and it quickly lead to learning about all things Easter Island. Like Easter Island was "discovered" on Easter (by I believe the Spanish)

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 2:58 pm   Permalink

ouble post:

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2008-03-20 14:59 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 8:09 pm   Permalink

See, We don't call you "Crazy" for Nuthin, You been carving maori birds since a LONG time and didn't even know it. Cool stuff Brother, Really Cool stuff.Show us More pictures!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-20 11:20 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al is precise. Everything Al creates is meticulous & immaculate. I don't know that any of us can say enough about Al's talent. I know he is a genius & just when I think wow, Al has out done himself he shares something new and even more outrageous than the last. Al is versatile and has mastered many medias. Glad you shared some art with us Al....Can't wait to have my own tiki!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitom76

Posted: 2008-03-21 07:51 am   Permalink

Crazy Carving there for sure. You got talent!

Tom

View Profile of tikitom76 Send a personal message to tikitom76      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 09:34 am   Permalink

Did you get any pics of you cutting out the eyes from those abalone shells?

That must have been a task in itself!!

They came out perfecto'!

Crazy...

xoxo

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 1:09 pm   Permalink

no pics of Abie work... did not want to take photo while band sawing...... one $2000 two inch Super glue job is enough!

no blades here... did this while braking up reject tiki mugs???!! Did it a day after i started Mr.Bird141... since it was a clean glass like cut, it healed in under 10 days... slowed work on 141 but i missed the best Snowboard day of the season too!!
now my insurance guy tells me never go to the emergency-room unless near death... Urgent-care, go, urgent-care..
insurance picked up $300 Weee..
Thanks Machschau!! for paying the bills!!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 2:51 pm   Permalink

YOOUCH! I think the Ancient tikimug gods were very unhappy with you, They do stuff like that without thinking first.
Back to work now!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-22 4:22 pm   Permalink

I don't think Crazy Al is the right name, it should be Genius Al. (for your carvings, not your cut) Your exceptional carvings are certainly very recognizable as your creative style.

[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyP 2008-03-22 16:29 ]

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-22 5:04 pm   Permalink

I agree with everyone, C'Al is THE Master Tiki carver of All. No one puts together a tiki the way he does.
AL it is really great that you are bringing this piece up to date. Got any updated pic's for us yet??

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-22 7:03 pm   Permalink

Not Nice the hand that is. Don't get me
started on Medical Insurance company's claim denials!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-22 8:36 pm   Permalink

Fire Hot.

Fire gooood.

Al,

Next " Burn", bring a Low Fire Greenware Mug.

p.s. everyone should post their Crazy Al pictures here.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation