FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events What Would Jab Do? DJ at Forbidden Island! Tuesday, July 18th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
What Would Jab Do? DJ at Forbidden Island! Tuesday, July 18th
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 09:35 am   Permalink

Great time, great tunes last night! Got to meet some fun new folks, which is always swell, and of course with Jab being the draw last night, the place was dressed to the nines.

JenTiki, Elise has beat you to the punch... she finished the menu a few weeks ago. By a stroke of luck, everyone who had finished the menu by that point was in the bar when she did it, here's a pic of the gang:

Strangely, they all need glasses....

I got a few pictures last night, if any of 'em are good, I'll post them later.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 10:02 am   Permalink

Wow, I'm bummed now! Oh well, I guess since I waited this long to be disciplined about anything in my life (and what an odd thing to choose to be disciplined about), I guess I'll continue my quest to complete the menu with no duplications until I've accomplished my goal. Even if it won't set any records or prompt a parade, at least I'll know I've done it. And by the time I'm done, I may need glasses too if last night is any indication. Oddly, my new contact lense prescription didn't seem quite strong enough after the Fugu and Royal Hawaiian.

The good news is I've heard they're coming out with a new menu next month, so maybe I can be one of the first to get through that one! A wahine can dream.

Jab, thanks for the great tunes! Sorry I couldn't stay long, the fugu hit me pretty hard.

I hope to see some of you tonight. #26 and 27 will go down this evening.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

Strangely, they all need glasses....

Yep... 33 glasses, 2 Bamboo mugs, 1 Fugu mug, and 2 tiki bowls.

It was a great night listening to the Jab spin. Once we realized the DJ was fueled by a steady stream of Mai Tais, the evening ran swank as could be.

Flaming drinks, flaming eyeballs, a little cult ritual and meeting some new folks. Midnight..thanks for the photo montage (love the montage)...and great meeting paraniod123 who will be joining us in our somewhat inebriated slide through the next few days.

Great way to kick off the crawl weekend!

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-19 10:42 am   Permalink

Mahalo for all those who came out to hear me spin! We still need to work out the technical details (equipment and sound) so the next one will be even better. We'll keep everyone posted.

Please don't hesitate to give me feedback next time (or send me a message): What you want to hear more of (I tried to please everyone with plenty of exotica, instrumentals, and surf, but let me know if you want more rockabilly or R&B or soul music), whether it was loud enough or too loud (I couldn't hear much where I was but when I went down the bar I could hear it fine), the sound quality.

midnite, sorry I didn't get the Wall of Voodoo in early on. It would have been too big a change from the exotica / instrumentals. I was saving it for later on but never got around to it. Thanks for posting the pictures! (In case anyone is wondering, I haven't ditched my signature glasses - I just can't read the record labels as well with them on)

Yes Jen, Alamedan Elisa was the first femme fatale to finish the menu, only 2 months after me , but that shouldn't discourage you from such a worthy endeavour.

I need to get me a flaming eyeball!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 12:07 pm   Permalink

Smooth tunes and a good time indeed! Nice to meet some new folks, the Koalaman needs new friends. It was a fine start to Crawl Week '06. Although, I think today is a "Spare The Liver Day".

midnite, sorry I didn't get the Wall of Voodoo in early on. It would have been too big a change from the exotica / instrumentals. I was saving it for later on but never got around to it.

No worries, Jab. I enjoyed what I did get to hear. Plus, no one wants to see me get jiggy with "Can't Make Love". Although, my popping and botting moves wowed back in '83.

Alamedan Elisa was the first femme fatale to finish the menu, only 2 months after me , but that shouldn't discourage you from such a worthy endeavour.

True, it's an exhibition, not a competition. Anyhow, I cheated. My mother was Rosie Ruiz and my Dad a Nixon administration undersecretary of defense turned used car salesman. I got on the FI menu at Neptune's Garden, had a few sips, hopped on BART...got back to drinking at Krakatoa. No one's the wiser..heh heh hehhhh.

Indubitally! They taste like chicken...no wait, that's alligator. The globo ocular llameante tastes remarkably like a Forbiddden Island, with a little Visine. The burning sensation eventually goes away, and is replaced by a temporary blindness.

I'm a nice guy,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-19 10:42, thejab wrote:

That's a B.Y.O.M. drink...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation