FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 10:33 am   Permalink

Don't forget the giant hay-bale moai tiki statue.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 10:35 am   Permalink

OMG!! Swanky!! EPIC idea!!!!!!! This is a keeper!!!!!!

~~ THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 11:04 am   Permalink

Hey Thor!
That midwestern hick-tropical studies look great! Your work is always astonishing! Derek Yaniger took that angle with the moai with the straw hat and the moonshining hula betty and babs(great tikifarm mugs BTW)Your eye for transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary is keeeeeeeeen-o!How about an outrigger/land tractor?Keep spreading that inspiration!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 11:37 am   Permalink

And Coon-Tiki

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 7:56 pm   Permalink

Swanky!!! You are incredible!!! Thanks!!! Big help!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 9:55 pm   Permalink

I like this idea man Im originally from the country myself.

Dont forget farmers horde old shite like nothing else - this place has to have stuff packed in every nook and cranny! Lots of things hanging from the roof, because they run out of room. These sheds also evolve and get repaired, extended etc. so the actual shed structure itself should show this.

How about seats at the bar made of those old steel tractor seats
http://www.rothchilds.com/ebay/americana-r-us/tractorseatbarstools4.jpg
on top of round logs roughly hewn into tikis.

What about a cow skull hanging on the wall with a NZ style facial moku painted on in it.

For the bar itself, have it clad in old steel drums that have hammered flat and nailed to the bar. The farmer has then painted tiki stuff on there, but he didnt prep the metal properly and much of it has flaked off revealing the original drum logos underneath, as well as a bit of rust too.

You gotta have a few chickens clucking around the floor - maybe near the pile of hay?

Maybe some old tin signs on the wall - like off an old roadhouse roof. The roadhouse was demolished and the farmer grabbed the sign because it was kinda tiki. Like "Tropical Fuel Co." or a vintage "Coca-Cola" sign depicting a tropical beach with folks playing in the sun, with suitable Coke signage and an old glass Coke bottle. Again, this is suitably weathered and faded.

Heres a cool barn pic to fire your ideas on lighting
http://www.josephhyde.com/800/1.jpg

Theres some ideas anyway...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 10:00 pm   Permalink

hey swanky that looks really good.
good luck on future tikis.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-18 10:17 pm   Permalink

Large pinecones with something on their tops to make
them look like pineapples.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 05:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-18 22:00, Tiki Duddy wrote:
hey swanky that looks really good.
good luck on future tikis.

That's a Crazy Al creation with a little detail work by Basement Kahuna, Tiki Diablo and Benzart.
Coon Tiki

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 07:49 am   Permalink

Deviating from the country and barn setting, switching to a ski resort in Alaska with snow piled up outside the windows and Hawaiian music playing inside. The focal of the room was a giant stuffed polar bear (sporting a snarl on his face) wearing an aloha shirt (must have been 5x or more) and sunglasses, and in a raised paw was a tropical drink complete with a slice of pineapple and umbrella. The locals would adorn him in tacky, fake leis. This small bar was built on a hill and the parking lot was steeply sloped. I remember sipping a somewhat decent mai tai and eating their version of kalua pork and hearing on the loudspeaker "blue Toyota pickup and green Jeep Cherokee, please check your vehicles". Apparently as the ice melted beneath the cars, they would slide and collide with the car parked next to them. But I digress and actually wanted to get the Polar bear image in your mind.

But I love the idea of moose antlers used as palm frond on a palm tree! Excellent stuff!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToonToonz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 2:51 pm   Permalink

Don´t forget the Tiki Toilet...

....and the Tiki outhouse, Tiki toilet paper dispenser....

View Profile of ToonToonz Send a personal message to ToonToonz  Goto the website of ToonToonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 3:23 pm   Permalink

Fast break to check in here!! GREAT IDEAS!! I should be on this one drawing it by next week!! LOVE the thoughts...

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 3:33 pm   Permalink

I always thought it would be interesting to see an Eskimo's home tiki bar. Where else do you need tiki more than in a frozen igloo? I picture a cold landscape, said ice-block structure with an open doorway, you can see inside where the most spectacular tiki bar emits a warming glow, slightly illuminating the makeshift tropical items in the front yard, frozen palm tree, 'snoai'(snow tiki) etc.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 6:18 pm   Permalink

I love the mai tai in a milk bottle. that cracked me up! HAR, HAR!!!!

Do a search on ebay for "milk bottle" and I bet you'll find some shaped like a cow or something. I'd like to see one in the shape of udders. sorta midwest tiki mug.

brings new meaning to hoes at the tiki bar

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 05:04 am   Permalink

THor, I can't wait to see how you transform these ideas into your amazing pieces.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation