FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 11:30 am   Permalink

OK ThorBob, you draw all perdy and everything but you gotta do yer research. Where's that hooch a comin' from anywhoo? It don't just appear outta thin air now do it? Ya have ta have a still. That's short for "distilleratin' contraption". Use the Google on the Innernets and you'll find some pitchers of 'em. Lots.
I don't know about havin' that fine woman dancin' with just a plain ol' pig. Plain ol' pigs is everywhere. Just ask old "SweetPea" Drake. But maybe. If the pig has a grass skirt and a straw hat, then it's okeedokeee by me. Just tryin' to help.
And ThorBob, where did all them customers come from? Ain't there a double-wide parked outside? Well, OK, maybe you cain't SEE outside but you gotta give the feelin' that there's one out thar. Jes like all the masters done, like Tommy "Light Boy" Kinkade and Preshus Momints and that perdy yard art from Harriet Carter's catalog, ya gotta put more feelin' in it so's you can takes the viewer to another dementia. Got me?
OK ThorBob, yer on yer own now. Good luck and ask us any more questions ya got cuz us midwestern boys is here to help. Ain't that right SharkBob? Yup.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 12:35 pm   Permalink

My oh my..what have I unleashed!!! HAaaaaa You lil' closet Hicks!!! you are revealing your true identity!!

Great "actual photo" there Tikishark!! Now I am really torn !! I bet that picture was taken with a good old Polaroid Swinger black and white...circa '66..ya???

Squid...you are a washboard beatn' nut!! I think you have been nippin' on some of your own hooch!! The stil idea is great..was considering it...just not sure where to fit more stuff..but true..a stil is important!!

As far as seeing outside, these sketches are just not clear being so small. If you could see the large overall one at the top bigger, the barn door is in the center, open. Outside is a water tower with Trader Hic's written on it and a few pick up trucks and a Harley parked in the dirt entry. There will be LOTs of atmosphere...with a sickle moon in the sky.

I love these ideas!! Can't wait to get some of them into this!! Happy Turkey Day!

~~ThorBob

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-23 12:38 pm   Permalink

That's fer shure right, cousin Squid Bob.
Now cousin Thor, don't you go worry your self none, yer gonna' make a right purdy picture nomatter how bad you mess up the ethnically correctness of the haywagonridin hooch-swigin' pig-porkin' corn-shuckin' squirrel-shootin' blue-ridgin cow-squeezens dirt-farmin dust-bowlin grits-chowin' hoe-downin-na-ness correctedness ta vit.
You got yerself is got a heep o talent, and it's gonna' be fine and dandy!
I hopes ta swing by that there swanky place ya got yer self over in Honolulu an say howdy! ,Jus' as soon's as I gets settled in on that active volcano right next door.

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 1:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:
grandma Clampet's hillbilly chili!!

grandma?

grandma??

o' lawdy. it's granny you city slicker!

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2006-11-23 13:07 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 1:18 pm   Permalink

YEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAW!
Thor, you got's one hi-falootin concept that seems to be birthin a series of pieces! And now yore wantin to tackle anuther,before you even painted up the first all pretty like! Brad gots the prize for Best in the Dairy Dept...I would hope this bar had a wood stump clock with Elvis laminated on it! A lot of the deerskin lamps hade that suede stitchin all cowboy-like,thar's a lotta kitsch homewares that would easily niche into thar!Plywood/wood walls fer sure!
Now as fer yor military infermation,I am a proud veteran of thee Marine Core (82-26) and an Illinois Boy! Off the top...old school mines for "pufferfish lamps" Claymore mines could have a little face painted on them(thay look kindy like a square with oner them tripod stands! Ammo belts could be used as tough guy leis.....This here military idear is a little hard as a lotta the props used are used for killin and blowin thangs up! You could write the bar name in barbed wire...hmmmm...this shor is a brain buster!!!!!! More later!
Kinny-bob

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 2:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Jes listen to that there Pea Drake. He knows. He's got the smarts real bad.

i nows mah' guzintas.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 5:27 pm   Permalink

Getting a great response Thor's - and bringing out everyones inner redneck too!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 11:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-23 14:18, pdrake wrote:
Quote:
Jes listen to that there Pea Drake. He knows. He's got the smarts real bad.

i nows mah' guzintas.

And SweetPea cyphers real good too.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 12:06 am   Permalink

I'm confused on the Red Neck Thing.

Sorry.

Born and raised in So Cal.

DUUUUUUUDE!!!?

Thorsey, How bout a 60's Surfer So Cal one???

Overloading the artists brain!!!

( the iraq one should just be a blank canvas.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 07:08 am   Permalink

Aloha BEN!!!!

I don't blame ya for being confused...if you are seeing this out of the context of the series it will be in. The overall series is about how people across the country..or world in some cases celebrate the Tiki bar spirit with the resources and varied self expressive ingenuity they have available.

I have met a lot of people when I do signing in the galleries or Thor Stor's that share with me the fact that they have made Tiki bars in their basements or finished attics or garages or barns or backyards. Some live in areas where it's hard to find good Tiki decor. Some aren't the internet types or ebay hounds either, so they do the best they can with stuff they find or make to create their versions of a Tiki environment.

So, this is a first in a series. I wanted to start with less typical and more challenging places like this old barn in the middle of nowhere with people who maybe have never even seen many real Tiki bars except on a postcard or word of mouth or.. whatever. So, this makes for something that celebrates the power of Tiki in every corner...with the idea that ANYONE can be bitten by the bug to want their own little expression of Tikidom...even if they get a little "off" from Tiki as we experts know it!!

I started with the harder ones..trying to stay away from surf themes as we see them more traditionaly associated with Tiki. I am planning ones like super fun 60's poolside bar, a basement bar from the 70's ....and more bars built in almost impossible places, hanging off sea cliffs or over lava flows...etc.

Anyway..that's the scoop Rev. B!!!

Hope you and the Mrs. are well and looking forward to seeing you again soon!!!!!

~~~ THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 10:54 pm   Permalink

Hey Thor!
All this thinkin and thunkin has got the ol' noggin goin....Have you ever thought of doing a Sci-Fi version of a TikiBar? it would blow that Star wars Cantina out of the water! Except for the trekkies!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 06:06 am   Permalink

YES Lil' Lost Tiki!!

What is on my list is a "retro future" Tiki bar... It will be sorta like Poular Mechanics meets Tiki!! Down the line.... I have ideas for a robotic bartender and much more....

THOR

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 08:24 am   Permalink

THOR 2999! Very Swell and Excited to hear it!!!! With your half artist half engineer brain, I think the gadjetry will be "out of this world!" sorry. that was too hard to resist! Blast Off!

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 09:13 am   Permalink

The Space Age painting sounds awsome. I love the Redneck Tiki bar - takes me back. How about an Artic Tiki Bar?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 3:30 pm   Permalink

YES ALOHA STATION!!

I want to do a "snow theme" tiki bar.. Arctic might work... I had thought of a tiki bar in a ski lodge that was partly ouside..ya know, hot tub and "snow Tiki's" and all that...it'll be on the list!

~~ THOR

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation