FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Admiral Benbow Inn lounge, West Seattle, WA (bar)
Admiral Benbow Inn lounge, West Seattle, WA (bar)
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 11:37 am   Permalink

Name:Admiral Benbow Inn lounge
Type:bar
Street:4212 SW Admiral Way
City:West Seattle
State:WA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
There was an Admiral Benbow here in Knoxville and it's postcards are great. You can see the research on our location
HERE. There is still a small chain of these motels. I was loojking online and came across this article about the Seattle location and I knew the feeling he spoke of. His description could be that of many a tiki bar fan entering a Polynesian palace. In this case, it's a nautical theme. Does it fit on Tiki Central? Someone in Seattle please let us know! Check it out.

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2006-07-17 13:11 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 1:02 pm   Permalink

It's right up the hill from my house.
I'm afraid it was more of a dingy gross pirate ship
theme. Went a couple times and although somewhat interesting ly
divey, I was kinda grossed out in there.
Anhow, no tiki, and well, it's been gone a couple years now.
Could be cursed though by some ghost pirate, as no one has been able to keep a business running there since it closed.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 12:14 am   Permalink

While rummaging around Tiki Central I came across this thread. For the sake of those oddball history types here's a link to an old thread about the end: The Sinking of the Admiral Benbow Inn

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 11:33 pm   Permalink

The Benbow Room, the ship-themed bar from the old Benbow Inn in West Seattle, has been re-opened. I never saw it before the original closed, so I can't make comparisons, but the current interior is wonderful.

There's a good pick
here and several beautiful ones here (the first several are of the associated restaurant out front, the Heartland Cafe).

My review of my visit is on my Project K-Bar blog here

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 08:21 am   Permalink

Well, looks like I know just where to visit next time I'm in Seattle!

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 11:09 am   Permalink

I say our next Tiki "get-together" should transpire here! Anyone know if the ship's bow has the fun lighting Woofmutt described? Still - nice atmosphere AND wouldn't you rather go the Heartland Cafe than the Crap-in-the Box across the street?!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation