FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 2:55 pm   Permalink

As always, I'm extremely jealous of your set-up. I love the new lamp...very trader-esque. I'm always waiting for your thread to be updated( so I can steal more of your ideas!) Seriously good work man.

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 6:16 pm   Permalink

so luxurious!!! Indoors and out, wow.

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-09 6:26 pm   Permalink

It just gets better and better...you are really an inspiration.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-10 7:34 pm   Permalink

Sigh!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gilligan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-08 12:19 pm   Permalink

Wow! Just stumbled into your tiki mecca via the follynesia site. It's great to see the process from the beginning! You've inspired me to continue on with my own little piece of paradise! Thanks!

View Profile of Gilligan Send a personal message to Gilligan  Email Gilligan Goto the website of Gilligan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 1:10 pm   Permalink

Mucho Maholos, everybody!
Dang, Gilligan-I was scrolling back through the pages to find this old thread, apparently as you were posting your reply -couldn't find it so I did a search and it was at the top of the list. Thanks for checking in.

Just threw together a new sconce. I made it out of a horseshoe crab shell I found on the beach. Never seen one in any tiki establishment, old or new, but I thought it would fit in nicely. Kinda has the same effect as the turtle shell sconces at the Mai Kai. I don't care for the cord hanging down but I will eventually mount it to the wall where the cord will be on the other side of the wall in my shop space.

A shot with flash so you can see the nice, barnacle encrusted surface of the shell:

The backside. I 'liquid nails-ed' some wire to the shell then threaded it through some holes I punched in a half of an aluminum can. I used a candelabra clip-on type lamp fixture, mounted in a hole on bottom of can.

Creates a nice, reddish glow even though the shell appears brown and I'm using a clear bulb:

Thanks fer peepin'
Brad

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 2:24 pm   Permalink

A new trend in Tiki. Now everyone will have to have one. Nice job.

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 2:59 pm   Permalink

The horseshoe crab sconce is very cool! Nice work. It looks great in your amazing lounge.

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 3:07 pm   Permalink

Great idea Brad!! It has a cool glow to it.

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 3:30 pm   Permalink

eah, Excellent idea and perfect job putting it together. What wattage is the bulb,it is just right. Great step by step now everyone will be wanting one for sure. Man, it just fits Perfectly where you put it too, DAYUUM!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 3:43 pm   Permalink

I think it is totally tiki. I think I like it better than the poor puffer.

Get a look at these
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=134897919&albumId=731561

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 3:56 pm   Permalink

Awesome idea.

Some more horseshoe crab art.
http://www.sideshowworld.com/SSA-15.html

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 4:46 pm   Permalink

WOW! Those are native to our loveley Atlantic shore! Cape Cod here I come!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 8:37 pm   Permalink

Your bar is everything I wish my bar could be...and I thought I had a super cool place! Awesome horseshoe crab sconce, super original and absolutely ingenious. I just wish I didn't get so sad everytime I look at your place...

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-08 9:44 pm   Permalink

Cool lamp. Those horseshoe crabs look so prehistoric, I wish we had them here in the Pacific. It's a big'um too, you just found it laying on the beach. Is that common?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation