FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 08:16 am   Permalink

So nice.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 08:35 am   Permalink

I dig the lamps - and of course your primo-pad!

Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-21 7:41 pm   Permalink

Moved to Home Tiki Bars. Definitely a more than worthy addition. MadDogMike, thanks for the heads up.

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi 2010-04-21 19:47 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 8:35 pm   Permalink

Thanx, Hakalugi (and MDM)! Just realized a few days ago that there was a new (to me) home bars thread. I've been so out of the TC loop for so long, mainly because I just haven't added to/created much for the Jungalero in a while. I do have some new pics of a few upgrades and new pics of older stuff I'll have to post now that I have new incentive --gimme a day or so

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-02 2:28 pm   Permalink

Great look howland! makes me wish for good weather so I can get back to working on my yard area! Thank you for post these pics!!

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-20 2:42 pm   Permalink

Anything new at the Lounge?

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-23 10:20 pm   Permalink

One of my faves...Howland rocks!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-27 1:29 pm   Permalink

Congrats to Howland for the two page spread in this month's, (Jan-Feb 2012), IMBIBE magazine.

The article is on home bars and Bosco's Kapu-Tiki Room is covered as well:

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-27 2:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the tip! Off to Barnes and Noble I go!

Howland's bar is one of my favorites.

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 09:16 am   Permalink

Thanx for the post BB! I was going to make an announcement before the mag came out or when they mailed me my copy. I didn't even know the issue was out yet, first I've seen of it. Super, guess I'll make the announcement now.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-28 09:16, Howland wrote:
Thanx for the post BB! I was going to make an announcement before the mag came out or when they mailed me my copy. I didn't even know the issue was out yet, first I've seen of it. Super, guess I'll make the announcement now.

Did not mean to spoil your announcement. I just wanted to share. IMBIBE is a great magazine and it's pretty cool that they included your place.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 11:38 am   Permalink

Just wanted to chime in and say what has already been said....Your place it freaking amazing!! Good Job and congrats on the the magazine spread .

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 12:02 pm   Permalink

Hey -no spoilage Bongo, I was just surprised to see it out already. Just got back from our local Barnes&Noble but they haven't arrived there yet. Taps foot patiently. Looks like they edited my interview down a bit. I emailed them at least twice the text you see on the mag page and had 2 follow up interviews over the phone. Hope it's not too bad.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 12:59 pm   Permalink

Howland,

Congratulations on the magazine spread for your A+++ lounge. I can't believe they didn't send you a pre-release copy!

Looks like I need to head down to my Barnes and Noble too.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 2:08 pm   Permalink

How cool! And the photos actually look like good lighting, too! I really believe that with the craft cocktail revival re-inspiring Tiki culture and the economy still being on the fritz, home bars will be the main Tiki reserve where the style is celebrated and propagated throughout the country. Articles like this will help that. Now JP just has to do the book.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation