FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 3:27 pm   Permalink

Checked my local B & N today they did not have the ref. new issue will keep trying ):

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 8:16 pm   Permalink

Thnx Spermy, DC, BigBro.

DustyC, Supposed to have a copy in the mailbox any day. Easing it's way from west coast to the east I guess.

Sven -yes the photographer never used a flash and I forewarned him that there would be no such activity in the bar area;) It still looks brighter than real life presence. I like and agree with your statement about home bars being the main Tiki reserve, one of my top reasons to create a home Tiki space. Yes, JP....book? Soon? I'd be honored to be in it, just as I am to be featured in the imbibe mag.

Congrats to Bosko as well for being featured in the mag. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I know there are so many great home bars here on TC that would've made a greater appearance than mine in imbibe but opportunity knocked and I answered. Cheers to all the other great home bars and may your day in the sun come soon!

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-29 08:01 am   Permalink

Imbibe also featured Suzanne Long's--bar manager of Forbidden Island-home bar as well.

Glad to see so many fabulous home (tiki)bars represented! Congrats!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-29 08:21 am   Permalink

Didn't know Suzanne's bar was featured as well (I still don't have the mag yet) -congrats to Suzanne too! I did get a PDF file in my email inbox this morning from Imbibe that had a pic of the cover and the Jungalero article. Will attach. Cheers!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-29 11:46 am   Permalink

I'll be picking this mag up today! Congrats!!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-29 3:15 pm   Permalink

Congrats Brad! Glad to see one of our own getting some well deserved exposure. I watched your home bar come together when you first started this thread. Hard to believe it's been over 5 years! Your great bar is definitely worthy of the two-page spread in Imbibe. I got my issue in the mail yesterday and flipped right to it. You should be proud! And it's great exposure for true mid-century tiki style. Would love to see your bar in person some day! Cheers...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 6:41 pm   Permalink

CONGRATS...a well deserved tribute!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JONPAUL
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-29 7:06 pm   Permalink

Major congratulations, Howland!
It must be satisfying to know that all of your hard work paid off in the form of such glorious printed, public acclaim!
The place really does look incredible, and the photographs are well done, even from viewing them small. I'm absolutely dying to get my hands on a copy!
So great that other wonderful folks like Bosko and Suzanne received some attention as well.
Yes, I have been seriously working on my 'Home Tiki Bar' book for some time now. It's funny...the deeper one gets into actual work on a book, the more one realizes how much there still is to do!!!! Every time I think I'm closer, I'm that much further away. I did put it on the back burner for a bit recently to work on certain portions of the other book I'm working on due to some exciting interest, but have plans to kick work up in a big way after the first of the year. There are still a few remaining essential pieces of the puzzle that involve some travel, but I'm hoping to have it much closer to completion very soon. As always, major thanks goes to bigbro for his positive encouragement and support. He is an incredible inspiration!

FIBERGLASS JUNGLE on Luxuria

View Profile of JONPAUL Send a personal message to JONPAUL  Goto the website of JONPAUL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-01 07:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-29 08:21, Howland wrote:
Didn't know Suzanne's bar was featured as well (I still don't have the mag yet) -congrats to Suzanne too! I did get a PDF file in my email inbox this morning from Imbibe that had a pic of the cover and the Jungalero article. Will attach. Cheers!

GREAT JOB! Local B & N just got the latest issue in yesterday.
Nice to see an East Coast home Tiki bar up to such high standards!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-01 09:21 am   Permalink

awesome bar. I was happy to see it in my Imbibe mag. Suzanne's bar is not in it, but Bosko is.
(I think Suzanne's was only for the online version).
Congrats, well deserved 2 pages !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CarvingBike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-01 10:34 am   Permalink

Amazing room! It must be so fun to show it off when people come over. Congratulations on a job very well done!!

View Profile of CarvingBike Send a personal message to CarvingBike  Goto the website of CarvingBike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-11 10:01 am   Permalink

Congrats on the article. The pics are great and you should be proud of such a beautiful bar!

Cheers!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-16 11:21 am   Permalink

The article was glorious, gorgeous, and such a nice tribute to some really stunning home bars. Howland, just WOW! And Bosko, I'm drooling!

Mahalo everyone for the nice comments on my place, too! My nod was in the online version at
http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Inspiring-Home-Bars

Suzanne

[ This Message was edited by: suzanne 2012-01-16 11:22 ]

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-31 05:32 am   Permalink

Hey Howland, how's it going? Congrats on the spread - I just ordered the back-issue to be shipped out to me here in Oz as I'm not sure if it's stocked in the newsstands here.

One of the best hand built home bar, patio, yard projects ever!!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-01 09:22 am   Permalink

Howland, I really enjoyed the build of your bar and it's looking amazing. Well deserved feature in the magazine. Congratulations.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation