FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 09:49 am   Permalink

man surf-n-turf.....this just keeps getting better & better looking!! the gable turned out pretty awesome looking & i'm sure you'll cover up the "boo-boo" just fine. i can't wait to see this all finished! keep up the great work!

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 6:07 pm   Permalink

THIS ROCKS! He said 2 X Teko!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 7:06 pm   Permalink

S&T that Teko turned out great. That is an Awesome piece with Excellent form and detail. Looks like you have done dozens of them and made it look like just another days work.
Here is a link to a powerful carver that will to your 2 panels in about 1 hour,,Serious. You can find several suppliers and different prices for each. These guys have about the cheapest. You need to brouse through the "Tools Carvers use" Thread over in Creating Tiki. There are some excellent tools there./.
Still loving your project.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 9:57 pm   Permalink

What a great piece, it is excellent. You are a great artist.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 06:08 am   Permalink

Very cool. I want to do something like this in our yard. Make a nice A-frame roof lanai. How are you going to cover the roof? Tin roof, thatch...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 06:35 am   Permalink

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in over a week, what amazing progress. The Tekoteko and the gable are great. What a treat to see.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 06:59 am   Permalink

So this explains why you missed out on the surf weekend before last. One word...sick!! How about using a curved wedge to blend the teko to the gable?

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 07:00 am   Permalink

SnT,
This is such a great project. Well done and I'm looking forward to seeing this baby progress. Be proud.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-28 10:01 am   Permalink

You could conceal the beam and "boo boo" by just wrapping the beam with rope or binding/lashing.

View Profile of TikiMike Send a personal message to TikiMike  Email TikiMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 11:00 am   Permalink

I like the rope idea. I think that would look nice.

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 1:21 pm   Permalink

Mahalos to all: T5-0, Gman, Benzart, Hiltiki, Swanky JP, surfT, Loki, TMike-you guys are all way nice!

Thanx for the info/tips, Benz. I've really enjoyed this 'flat panel carving stuff' and will be doing more soon for the posts of the hut/bar thing.

Swanky- I think I'm going w/ corrugated fiberglass panels for the roof. I found some really thick, durable stuff at Blowe's in a nice, hunter green kinda color. May do the gable portion of the roof with clear panels for some natural light.

SurfT-- Yea, I was bangin' away on some boards while you were riding boards-catcha next time! Curved wedge, hmmmm, that's a good idea, if I'm thinkin' along the same lines as you. (I think I am)

TikiMike-also a good idea. I haven't done any rope/lashing work before but I've seen it used very nicely here and elswhere. I'll have to do some research.

Thanks again for looking and giving suggestions. I'm gonna have to do some 'general carpentry' now to get the gable panel to stay where it's supposed to, then off to phase 2, and I'm not exactly sure what that is going to be yet. Maybe a palm thatch overhang for the front. I've also got 500 feet of bamboo that's going in somewhere.
Check back soon.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 5:30 pm   Permalink

SWEET!

What else can I say. Wish that was in my backyard. Really great, thanks for posting.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 9:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-27 09:42, surf-n-turf wrote:
QueenK---your house 'ROCKS'!!!!

Thanks!! Your place is going to be amazing!!!

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: queen kamehameha 2006-08-20 18:19 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 5:55 pm   Permalink

SnT,

Have you been able to make any more progress on this project. You've got me on the edge of my chair........

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-01 3:38 pm   Permalink

I just found this post. Awesome work, and *imaginivity*. I'll be checking back to follow the progress.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation