FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 9:58 pm   Permalink

Still working on the old 'Hukilau Hut' as well as converting my basement into a nice, dark tiki room/bar area. I've started (and finished) some faux tapa paint effects on the walls. I've also got 100 feet x 3 feet of lauhala and lots of reed fencing and bamboo to get started with. I did the faux tapa with some little stamps I cut out of a piece of a foam camping mat and glued to small peices of 1/4 in. plywood.

I still need a name for the indoor part but I think I'm sticking with 'Hukilau Hut' for the outside part. I guess this has turned into one large project and I'll be jumpng back and forth from inside room to HukiHut. Here's what I've got for now.

Here I've applied a dark green, almost black wash over the gold/black tapa pattern so it wouldn't be so stark. Also painted the ceiling vey, very dark green.

Here's some shots of the stamps I made. I filled in some of the details on the walls by hand/paintbrush.

So now that I've got umpteen hundred unfinished projects going on, I can't tell you what I'm going to post next. I'll keep you informed.
Thanx for looking, back soon.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation