FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events not another Bamboo Ben Sale!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
not another Bamboo Ben Sale!
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 10:42 am   Permalink

Aloha TC'r's',
This Sat. & Sun. 2/1 & 2/2,
50% off all Bamboo Ben Art!
20% off all bamboo Ben Bars, Furniture & Accessories!
1-2002 bar left @ 50% off!
many new 2003 items to choose from.

712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ This Message was edited by: Bamboo Ben on 2003-01-31 10:09 ]

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 10:51 am   Permalink

Hmmm...I did have my eye on a couple of other things there! Are you going to be open on Sunday?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 5:44 pm   Permalink

Party at Bamboo Ben's on Saturday!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 6:25 pm   Permalink

We'll be open Sat. 10ish to Sunset(4ish) and Sunday 11ish to 4ish (unless we get washed away in the "Storm of the year" via channel 7 storm watch guru Dallas Ratings I mean Raines says).

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 6:30 pm   Permalink

p.s.
Sten "Uncle Arty" Tiki will be performing "Shake it up Baby" all day on Sat.(as seen in the Rm 135 video) for a mere donation of a cocktail!!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 7:42 pm   Permalink

Doh!

And Ben will do his rendition of the Spandau Ballet song, True as seen in his high school photos from the 80's.

Don't miss it!

Aloha,

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-18 10:59 pm   Permalink

Double "douw" to you my fury little friend!
My Brother just dropped off a picture of me when I was 15 (1980)hanging out in the crowd at the Starwood during a Circle Jerks show! Ha! You'll be singing on Sat. and liking it!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 12:33 am   Permalink

Ben will sing a modern day pop ballad...
"I'm stuck in a Pagoda with Tricia Toyota" as originally performed by the Dickies while wearing a tutu! I swear... just kiddin' Ben! You're so damned punk dude - you win!!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-19 09:04 am   Permalink

Ben,

Do you know any Agent Orange tunes?

("look at the scientist in the lab, under the microscope...")

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nui Nui 2
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-19 09:36 am   Permalink

Bong, That's The Adolescents not Agent Orange. Ask Ben we stood side by side in the pit.

View Profile of Nui Nui 2 Send a personal message to Nui Nui 2  Email Nui Nui 2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 10:03 am   Permalink

BEN, I know you're having this giant sale this weekend but I may not be able to get out there until next week. Please save me a "Mele Kalikimaka" hanging sign if you look like you're going to sell out. I already gave my best friend one and she LOVES it. But when I went to hang mine I realized it is spelled wrong. My stick-in-the-ground sign is fine as is my friends. Cory has his eye on a bar also but is going home to N.Y. for the holidays so maybe we can work out a deal when he returns. Thanks a heap and "Mele Kaikimaka" to you

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-19 11:52 am   Permalink

Nui Nui 2,

You're right. That was a long, distant time ago. Many brain cells have passed on since then I guess.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-19 1:53 pm   Permalink

Reverend Eraserhead!

I'll try and swing by on Saturday for the sale but no singing for me unless it's "Amoeba."

I wanna check see that pic of you at the Circle Jerks show.

Mele Kalikimaka,

Arty

Mrs. Bamboo Ben
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-12-19 8:18 pm   Permalink

Oh man, Laney.... I should have pulled that sign off the wall. A customer noticed it over the weekend. Sometimes when we do quantity production, slips occur. A few years ago Ben had an order for 1000+ bamboo candle cups for Toes on the Nose. The branding iron was never ordered by the client, so Ben hand carved "Toes on the Nose" on each cup. Well, some read "Tose." ooops. Could have been worse, I guess.
I think I have one hanging sign left and I'd be happy to hold it for you. Really sorry about that.
Mahalo,
Mrs. Boo

View Profile of Mrs. Bamboo Ben Send a personal message to Mrs. Bamboo Ben      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-20 08:34 am   Permalink

I think I stood next to Nui Nui before there was a pit! I think "slamming" wasn't even a word yet. Nui and I hung in the same crowd. Newport/ Cuckoos nest! Hey Nui, remember that riot down in Balboa (when you's used to play in the garage)with all those hippies and us with garden tools!!? And just think, we're all mellow now enjoying tiki!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation