FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Photos from the 2006 Tiki Central Tiki Crawl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Photos from the 2006 Tiki Central Tiki Crawl
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 2:20 pm   Permalink

OMG! Suzanne, that picture of me eating the Slim Jim is so-o-o-o embarrassing! I think you were just trying to shoot the "Tiki Bar" sign, and I got in the way. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Hey, maybe I can use that photo in my online dating profile and finally get some dates.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 2:39 pm   Permalink

Hey all...I just added the rest of my photos from the weekend to the slide player on Barefoot Bloggin'. Check 'um at your leisure! (to see all the pics, let the player cycle through a few times as they all load.)
The crawl sure was a ton of fun!!! Thanks to everybody for postin' your pics and for helpin' to make an unforgetable weekend of laughter, fun and drinks.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 3:21 pm   Permalink

one of my favorite images from this year's crawl.

*stolen from chongo's pictures. if i remember correctly, the disembodied finger covered in bbq sauce belongs to mai tai.

i have pictures too...but was using a throw-away camera. i was able to capture some real gems too! too bad i lack a scanner. thanks smiley for the cheapy cameras for everyone to use!

it was such a treat this year to visit so many high-quality tiki places. hanford and humu get major props for taking the reins on such a huge event. they were fabulous hosts and made sure everyone had a great time (and was on the bus...good system!)

thank you to suzanne, gigantalope and alohacurrent for the groovy door prizes that we were lucky enough to win. they all will find a place of importance within the dark marq. mahalo to sweetpea and suzanne for the great gift bags as well! and thanks for the tasty drinks tikivixen!

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 4:37 pm   Permalink

Here's a link to my photos from Saturday's Crawl. You'll have to sign up if you're not already a snapfish user, but it's quick and doesn't cost anything.

"see the corrected link two posts down"

Mahalos to:
  • Humuhumu, the ever-gracious hostess with the mostest stickers.
  • SweetPea and Suzanne for the lovely gift bags!
  • The wonderful bar owners, bartenders, servers, etc. who put up with us with such grace.
  • The best bus driver a tiki crowd could ask for! I don't think my LeBaron could've made some of those turns!
  • All the fabulous crawlers, most of whom I was meeting for the first time. You're a fun bunch of folks!
  • and last, but definitely MOST, Hanford, the ever-present voice of organization and fun-dom. Now get some sleep young man!

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2006-07-24 17:52 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 4:58 pm   Permalink

JenTiki - may we see the rest of the photos? That link took me to only one photo that I was allowed to save...

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 5:31 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm. Try this and let me know if it works.
http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=47458983/a=15561132_15561132/t_=15561132

suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 5:39 pm   Permalink

yay, that works!

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 6:57 pm   Permalink

Here are my pictures from Sunday, at the traditional Play-Doh throwdown, this year hosted on the Forbidden Island patio:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/sfcrawl2006/sunday/

Sunday was soooo nice... the pressure was off for Hanford & I, the weather was a smidge cooler than it had been the day before, and it was so fun, silly and relaxing.

Thayer (Haoleakamai) was a godsend -- she took care of getting the Play-Doh for us. Thank you, Thayer!

Aloha wear, by Boo Loo:

Volcano bowl, by Coco Loco:

Chicken dinner, by Inky Louise (which won the blue ribbon, by the Other Martin [we've gotta get him a name]):

Green Eggs & Ham, by the Other Martin:

Time for a volcano bowl break:

The gang on the patio:

Drunken Hat's leetle fez:

I made a smurf:

Undersea garden, by the Other Martin, Buster & Phil:

Crab Rangoon, spring rolls & fries, by Coco Loco:

I made a twinkie:

Korn-Tiki lives! By Inky Louise & Hanford:

Here's the original Korn-Tiki, created by Hanford at Bahooka a while back:

Banana slug, by Thayer:

Impression of the Forbidden Island mug, by Hanford:

Sushi, by Inky Louise (I made the pickled ginger ):

Miso soup, by Inky Louise:

Sushi, by Tiki Vixen; Vixen, Inky & I all worked on the tobiko:

Kabobs & tortilla chip, by Hanford Lemoore:

Inky tries Hanford's kabobs:

Thayer's Fugu mug:

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Woo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-24 7:57 pm   Permalink

That was fun! It was great to see everyone! Next time I'm on the bus and staying the entire four days, you guys won't be getting rid of me. Thank you Humuhumu and Hanford for putting this together. I can't wait till next year! Until then, did someone say Hooptylau?

Cheers!

View Profile of Tiki Woo Send a personal message to Tiki Woo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Buster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-25 6:15 pm   Permalink

Like many of the rest of you I'd like to thank Hanford and Humu for putting together a GREAT event. This was my first crawl but not my last. I'd also like to thanks all the TC-ers for making a newbie like myself feel welcome, now if I could only find some sock monkeys .

On a related subject, I thought we decided we would call the other martin Mr Wong. It seemed to work while playing with the Play Doh. All in favor .

[ This Message was edited by: Buster 2006-07-25 18:16 ]

View Profile of Buster Send a personal message to Buster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 6:21 pm   Permalink

It was so great to spend time with you during the crawl, Buster! I contemplated calling him Mr. Wong here, but I was wondering if maybe he might like something that let him keep a lower profile from his students. Tell him to sign up here and get a name!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 9:11 pm   Permalink

That Forbidden Island Rocks!!
best memory

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 9:15 pm   Permalink

aloha nui loa to all crawlers. What a premier event. So many thank youz in order.

• Scott(tofu joe)it was a pleasure talking story with you
  • table mates Mr Smiley/Inky/Monkees you guys are great. Mahalo for the disposable camera and nillas-hope to share some pics soon
  • Cecily/Bruce thanks for the good vibes
  • tikiwinebear great talking with you. Maybe see you at Aloha Festival San Francisco
  • Chongolio mahalo for that seriously cool tiki decal-already on the heap
  • Bill, Chris, Tiki Barber all the way from Florida-glad you made it-best wishes in Sarasota, malama pono
  • Suzanne, Sweetpea Mahalo for the presents wish we could have had a drink together
  • Jungle Trader my tiki bar es su tiki bar-you are always welcome amigo!
  • tikicleen feel free to steal chongolio's pictures anytime see you soon
  • Stuckie beware the dried squid
  • Hanford and HumuHumu if this could have been better coordinated I can't imagine how. The time you invested in this really showed. It was a pleasure meeting you both. Glad we could be part of it. Aloha pumehana
  • the bus driver, the guy whose name I forget and the other guy too, Mike @ Conga Lounge and the bartenders at Forbidden Island who probably never worked so hard in their life!

whew, that's a wrap

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kekili

Posted: 2006-07-25 9:59 pm   Permalink

Hi Hanford and Humuhumu,

Thank you for hosting Tiki Crawl 2006. What a wonderful event! This was the first time my husband and I attended. We met so many wonderful people: Tiki Wine Bear and Jay, Sweetpea, Suzanne and Jennifer, Jen Tiki and Samantha, Brad and Melanie, Jungle Trader, Tofu Joe, Chongolio, and Esperanza. The venues were great and the drinks were delicious.

A big thanks to Suzanne, Sweat Pea and Jennifer for the fun party favors. And, our thanks to the wonderful vendors and proprietors for the raffle prizes.

Thank you for your warm welcome. You are both such gracious hosts!

I look forward to seeing you next year,
Cecily (The Hawaiian translation is Kekili)

The following is a link to the few photos that we took of the event.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cecilydewing@sbcglobal.net/slideshow?.dir=/dcedscd&.src=ph

View Profile of Kekili Send a personal message to Kekili      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 09:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-25 21:11, crazy al wrote:
That Forbidden Island Rocks!!
best memory

Looks more like your "BUST" memory...
HAHAHAHARDEEEHAR! Sorry, but someone had to say it...snicker...DawnTiki going back to quiet time...

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation