FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-23 1:09 pm   Permalink

Be gentle, it's only my second pine carve. 8 hrs into it. The stains will bring the details that are lost from a distance due to the grain flow and the color at present.

Mahalo

McTiki

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2006-10-22 14:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2006-10-30 12:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2006-11-04 11:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2007-02-03 09:40 ]

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-23 1:24 pm   Permalink

Maaaan---that thing looks wiiiiilllld! Looks like it might bite you if you got too close. Looking good-can't wait to see your progress.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-23 1:37 pm   Permalink

Yeah Mc, keep away from those Teeth, he looks like he has a Nasty Bite and like he will bite bad if he gets the chance.
He is gonna be a good one. I'm going to have to come over to your house one of these dayz and check yer stuff out, make sure you're doin it right. Looks like it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 11:41 am   Permalink

Fantabulous! I like's it. The sharpies are rad. This one's gonna be cool. Great work there Mc. That yellow pine is some hard stuff eh? Ya need to try a piece of soft white pine. Got plenty for ya?????? Come on up. We can create another dust storm and you can pick up some.

Look's good bro'.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-24 12:18 pm   Permalink

nice work mc keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 1:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much Ben, Surf, Marcus. Mr. Tiki G introduced me to the tools he utilizes a couple of weeks back and let me tell ya, I feel like an idiot knowing what I know now. Ya can't make the best round surfaces using linear tools lol.

Tiki G, we'll take you up on the dust storm @ your bungalow this time.

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 5:16 pm   Permalink

Looks good man! Love them teeth!

Keen to see what you do with the eyes

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 3:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone. I just stained this log and it looks like ass. I hate it. I used dark walnut to try and hide some of the grain. It looks worse than I imagined it would. I'm goin back to palm woods. Miffed! I'll post pics if your remotely interested. Just too pissed right now.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 7:59 pm   Permalink

hey mc that tiki looks AMAZING! very different. i really like the nose on it and im sure the stain didnt turn out bad. if it did oh well. then you know for the next time. good work

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 05:37 am   Permalink

What, Not done Yet? Where izzit? You letting that Florida sunshine and Rum get to your brain? or wazzit the rain and the rum?
Hoho.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 1:03 pm   Permalink

Post it- I'm interested, The way you did the eyes is very neat and originial.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 1:43 pm   Permalink

Lets see it. I bet its not as bad as you think it is.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 2:32 pm   Permalink

Allright JP/Rodeo here the beast is....I was my own worst critic first (lol) This will be my last yellow pine carve. Ben knows! He's been there with this stuff as has Tiki G! Stuff is nasty. Big, but nasty. JP, the eyes are not my origination. I morphed this log from many different designs.

Camera was a little condensed from being inside, sorry.

Mahalo

Mc

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2006-07-26 14:33 ]

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 5:58 pm   Permalink

I think it turned out great! Pine does take stain funny, but your shows really well.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 6:07 pm   Permalink

I like it! Good job bro'. That is some tough stuff....

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation