FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 6:12 pm   Permalink

It's amazing how different it looks after sanding, I did notice some changes. It's looking great.

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 5:28 pm   Permalink

McTiki Keep carving. Your layout work on that tiki looks great.

IsleConch
Start carving and show us these logs. As you show it is a good idea to keep your logs tied up, there's wild tikis inside just trying to escape.

[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyP 2006-10-23 17:46 ]

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 5:40 pm   Permalink

You're right Johnny.. I did notice those logs are gettin' restless, I think they change positions at nite. That's why I put a rope around them.

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 5:53 pm   Permalink

Here's my latest creations...to be applied to the foam pumpkins.

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-23 6:18 pm   Permalink

That guy is looking good! The wood is nice!

Quote:

On 2006-10-16 15:30, McTiki wrote:
It's (White Pine) like carver's crack! i needs more! This is the shizzle! The tools laugh at it!

Well I gotta get me some of that crack then! Speaking of crack, how does it dry out? How old is that log? Any bad checks or cracks? Or is it buying crack with bad checks?

I got a bunch of that wood... some of it might be dry, too. I'll have to try that out this weekend...

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-24 02:43 am   Permalink

Thistle - Welcome to TC! Thanks for the props!

Isle - Thanks again. You should start your own thread now as nobody will know who you are within mine. They'll think you are my sister or sumthin. lol. Carve already! Your poor logs are lonely for some steel affection.

Johnny P - Thanks again brah.

Gap - "I got a bunch of that wood... some of it might be dry, too." What would it take to get you to palletize about 6 ~ 8 5 footers and beam them here? I'm already jonzin for more. No checks, drys nice (in >30 % humidity)but, does crack slightly. These look kiln dried. Don't know the age as bro Tiki G brought it down from his stash.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-24 05:49 am   Permalink

Looking good there bro'. Looking forward to some more updates!

I agree, Isleconch needs his own thread. No offense Isle. Start your own and let's see some more pics!

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-24 7:03 pm   Permalink

Hey...that's true, I didn't realize I was in your thread Mc. Well I started one with my pumpkin carvings...so later i'll do general carving stuff. Thanx for the info.

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 12:56 pm   Permalink

Done carving! Pre-stain shots...Alot gets lost in the sunlight without the stain. It's so white!

It was a fun carve! (Thanks Gary )

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 1:20 pm   Permalink

Beauty!

Loving the feet!

Whatcha gonna stain it?

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Lake ! I'm thinkin Early American stain.

Mahalo

McTiki

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-30 14:07, McTiki wrote:
...I'm thinkin Early American stain.

Man! That's gonna look great. The grain is fantastic and it came out very nicely after sanding!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:46 pm   Permalink

SWEET! Great job, now finish it up!!!!!! We're waiting......

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 7:49 pm   Permalink

Them tiki trees keep sproutin up all over your yard, McTiki. Good thing you decorated the property to match them. It would have looked funny if you would have made a C+W Bar out there and an eight foot KU sprouted. Good call!
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 8:06 pm   Permalink

That thing's lookin' good McT. I like the stacked head concept--yea, hurry up and put some stain on it, I almost had a cramp in my cornea gazing at that fresh white pine.

PS-I like your foam pumpkin template designs too! (snork, snork)

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation