FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki So who else got the unsolicited "Polynesian Paintings by Louis Behan" email?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
So who else got the unsolicited "Polynesian Paintings by Louis Behan" email?
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 11:12 am   Permalink

Great to hear they ended up in the right hands, I was wondering (and worrying) what happened to them. Congrats to one of the Tiki ones. Did Mimi and Rob get one? And who got the big "Virgin Sacrifice", I was really coveting that one! It would be THE back bar painting to gaze at in a state of Rum induced reverie...

...I want more unsolicited e-mails like that!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-05 1:07 pm   Permalink

Thought you might be interested in seeing the LP that influenced one of these paintings - and let you appreciate the differences in lei placement.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-27 11:49 am   Permalink

vern ~ thanks for that reference picture!
BigBro ~ i think that oil painting is still available.
Behan's son

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 1:07 pm   Permalink

But which ones on that link are still for sale, and which not? Yours obviously not...

I don't even wanna know really, If I remember correctly he wanted over 3 grand for the "sacrifice", and I was not prepared for THAT sacrifice then, and even less so now ....I'm just dead broke right now. All that time I have been spending doing pretty picture posts here was possible because of me not working making moolah.

I will starting doing e-bay selling today.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 4:15 pm   Permalink

My thoughts exactly!

I love the work but I sure don't have 3k to drop on art these days no matter how much I love it!

That's why it nice to know you can still get a pretty darn nice Black Velvet Original for only $400 CLAMS!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23880&forum=12&2

I bought one last year from GECKO - it's HUGE, beautiful details and REALLY AFFORDABLE!

You heard it here!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 4:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-05 13:07, ikitnrev wrote:
Thought you might be interested in seeing the LP that influenced one of these paintings - and let you appreciate the differences in lei placement.

Vern

I have that album... wish I had the painting....

TG

http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 11:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-27 11:49, dogbytes wrote:
vern ~ thanks for that reference picture!
BigBro ~ i think that oil painting is still available. Behan's son

FYI I went to the link that dogbytes posted, got to see a lot of other beautiful work but I also tried to send an email to the only contact listed on the page and got the MAILER-DAEMON....failure notice!

So we may never know what is and is not available!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 12:29 pm   Permalink

I was this "____" close to scoring one fine Behan work. If by close you mean my usual measuring standard of close = <$500 away. Damn new math.

El Grande Bongos beats the Koala

Nice work, really liked it. Then again, how many pictures of naked bewbies can I have around the place? That's a rhetorical question of course, the answer is invariably: 11. That's eleven pictures, not bewbies. Not sure how that would work...damn new math!

2 x (2 x 11)...carry the 2...reduce by 1/3 (for metric revaluation)/half the clothes twice the money = eleven

Professor midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davegrave1963

Posted: 2007-05-28 5:52 pm   Permalink

Hello all. I am David Behan, son of Louis Behan. You can see the paintings that I still have on my website http://www.davegrave.com/art.htm - The email wasn't working but it is now fixed. If you hover over the painting it will show you the size and cost and if it is still available. Most full size paintings are affordable at about $500. Some of the rare ones like the Virgin Sacrifice on Canvas is being sold for $1000 and is currently being held on deposit. There are still a few full size Polynesians paintings left and a bunch of smaller ones. There are also many non-Polynesian available as well. I'll be glad to answer any of your questions. I'm also looking to get addition ones from other family members. If I do, I will post them on my website. Regards, David...

[ This Message was edited by: davegrave1963 2007-05-28 17:54 ]

View Profile of davegrave1963 Send a personal message to davegrave1963  Goto the website of davegrave1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 5:15 pm   Permalink

I like the painting a lot, but why does the girl have the word "SAMPLE" printed on her stomach? I would consider getting one if'n it didn't have that on there.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davegrave1963

Posted: 2007-05-30 04:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-29 17:15, procinema29 wrote:
I like the painting a lot, but why does the girl have the word "SAMPLE" printed on her stomach? I would consider getting one if'n it didn't have that on there.

It's called a watermark and is there to prevent unauthorized duplication. The originals and prints do not contain the watermark.

View Profile of davegrave1963 Send a personal message to davegrave1963  Goto the website of davegrave1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 07:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

This midnite guy with 32 inch waist and his wise ass cracks ... He's just bad news Mate !!!!

On 2006-07-27 21:11, midnite_tiki wrote:
On 2006-07-27 20:31, hewey wrote:
Folks mass emailing SPAM be asking for a mouthful.

Is that a threat of physical violence? If so, bring it, you're dealing with the Koalaman. I'll put more than a shrimp on your proverbial barbie, mate.

We got a whole section of TC dedicated to selling stuff - use it like everyone else!

A whole section? That is about right.

Reading is fun,
midnite

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 10:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-29 17:15, procinema29 wrote:

This was a little joke of mine, of course. Gotcha!

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation