FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Been doing some long days at work...
Been doing some long days at work...
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 06:07 am   Permalink

How long? Well yesterday I started at 8:00am and finished at 1:00am... Thats 15 working hours (after taking out an hour for lunch and an hour for tea!) Today by comparison was only 12 hours...

Been helping a student with an honours research project looking at how fresh water mussels cope with being translocated into constructed wetlands. Some are put into constructed wetlands, some in the river - and they compare survival rates between the two. To be academically rigorous he has had to collect, tag, record data on, and deploy 1400 mussels!

Spent the last 2 days deploying them. Gotta take detailed notes on where they put so we can find em to see how theyre going etc. months down the track from now.

I gotta work Saturday doing workshops with community groups on better water use etc.

I estimate I will be doing 45 hours or so this week.

Anyway, just had to get it off my chest and whine a bit... Hopefully get some tiki time soon.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 07:56 am   Permalink

My sympathies, but it could be worse, I am in the middle of a 36 hr shift, and average 80 hr/wk.

I am actually happy with my lifestyle now, much better than the near 120 hr wks I was putting in regularly 2 yrs ago, my longest shift back then was 60 hrs straight.

get some rest when you can, but remember it could always be worse.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 8:47 pm   Permalink

thanks man, yeh it could be worse. They also have missed my pay 2 weeks in a row, which doesnt help. But yeh, could always be worse

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 9:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Hewey!
Chin up my good friend! All things must pass! At least you have your Tiki Ohana to help you thru the rough patches! Think of it this way....at least you don't have a lunatic in charge of your country!Those Freshwater mussels would thank you if they had a brain stem and voice box!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 10:01 pm   Permalink

hahahahahahaha.............

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation