FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Heather Watts paintings for Tiki Art Now vol. 3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Heather Watts paintings for Tiki Art Now vol. 3
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 7:21 pm   Permalink

I mentioned these paintings to a few TCers at Oasis & the NW Tiki Kon, but so far only a handful of people have actually seen the images since I posted them on my website a week or so ago. What better place than TC for my virtual grand unveiling!

Of course the actual physical grand unveiling will be taking place at Roq La Rue in Seattle, September 15 at the Tiki Art Now III show. These paintings will go on display with work by a host of other talented artists accomplished in the tiki genre. I'll post more info as I get a hold of it, and probably see a lot of you there!

Some of you may recognize this first image from inside Tiki Magazine's latest issue. I'm hoping to have an artist statement online for it soon, which will delve a little deeper into the meaning behind the piece. In the meantime, sit back, relax & take in the art!

If you want to link to either of these images or borrow them to put up on a myspace page or other site, feel free. Spread the word far and wide! Tiki Art Now is coming to Seattle! I only ask that you notify me after the fact and link back to
HeatherWatts.com My personal email is:heather@heatherwatts.com

Cheers & Aloha!
Heather

"Insert Coin" by Heather Watts
Acrylic on Panel
12.75" x 24.75"

"Offerings" by Heather Watts
Acrylic on Panel
14" x 18"

[ This Message was edited by: travellin' tiki 2006-09-12 14:12 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 7:43 pm   Permalink

Wow Heather, those are awsome!
I really like the fortune teller piece.

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 09:09 am   Permalink

I'm blown away. Those are both fantastic. If you don't mind me asking, how long does a painting take you to do? Just curious. I think your stuff is great.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 09:33 am   Permalink

"Insert coin" is especially awesome. I can imagine that my wish to relocate to Tahiti wouls actually come true.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 11:31 am   Permalink

Very nice work Heather!! The detail is phenomenal!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-29 11:49 am   Permalink

That Exotic Automiton looks like it runs on electricity.
How many WATTS does it require? HA ha, GROG crack
GROG up

Oops! Sorry Heather.

GROG really like the paintings.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 6:51 pm   Permalink

Holy Moly Heather, you've done it again.
Look, cut down on the peyote a liitle will ya' and share some with me.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 6:55 pm   Permalink

I absolutly love your work heather ..keep it up...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 7:08 pm   Permalink

beautiful work! i tried to buy insert coin, but it's sold.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-30 11:28 pm   Permalink

Heather
I am posting the press release to the very crowded events forum.
Please feel free to go there and refer back to this statement and to your own website

[quote]
On 2006-07-28 19:21, Travellin' Tiki wrote:

Of course the actual physical grand unveiling will be taking place at Roq La Rue in Seattle, September 15 at the Tiki Art Now III show. These paintings will go on display with work by a host of other talented artists accomplished in the tiki genre. I'll post more info as I get a hold of it, and probably see a lot of you there!

Cheers & Aloha!
Heather

[ This Message was edited by: Otto 2006-07-30 23:28 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 08:17 am   Permalink

Very cool indeed. I marvel at your detail and how you get that Antique "old Timey" look. Hey Heather have you ever watched the HBO series Carnivale? The fortune teller piece reminds me of it. I have just started watchin the series and let me tell you its flippin' trippy. If your into 1930's travellin' carnivale weirdness. You should check it out but be prepared to have crazy dreams after watchin' it. Thanks for postin' the new art and good luck with you show.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 12:50 pm   Permalink

Nice, I like the first one!

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 5:36 pm   Permalink

Auto-ma-ton! Auto-ma-ton! Has anyone mechanically inclined offered to create "Insert Coin" in a more motive, 3-D form?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-31 5:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-31 17:36, freddiefreelance wrote:
Auto-ma-ton! Auto-ma-ton! Has anyone mechanically inclined offered to create "Insert Coin" in a more motive, 3-D form?

Dude - you said it! I've already been yearning to build a "Shrunken Ned" booth in my office! This would be even better (tho Ms. VanTiki may not approve...)

VanTiki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 11:01 pm   Permalink

I've replied to a few people directly below, but thanks to everyone who posted. I largely work in isolation on these things, so its nice to get a good response when it all goes public!

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, how long does a painting take you to do? Just curious

Hundreds of hours for the two of them. The Automaton painting is the largest I've ever done and the most difficult (and most rewarding).

Quote:
How many WATTS does it require? HA ha, GROG crack GROG up

Hah hah. Grog crack Heather up too.

Quote:
Look, cut down on the peyote a liitle will ya' and share some with me.

Hey! Who told ya my secret?

Quote:

beautiful work! i tried to buy insert coin, but it's sold.

Yeah, sorry... It went Saturday afternoon. I'm setting up a list to try and give interested folks advance notice on new paintings for sale. It won't be foolproof by any means, but at least you might know ahead of the crowd next time.
originals@heatherwatts.com

Quote:
Heather
I am posting the press release to the very crowded events forum.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20479&forum=4

Quote:
Hey Heather have you ever watched the HBO series Carnivale?

No but thanks. Got a feeling I will LOVE it. It was on my mental list for a while, but a few other things must have snuck in to my mind and bumped it down. I'm writing it down now on my "to watch" list...

Quote:

I wish I was mechanically inclined... but actually I've been dreaming about building an ACTUAL Madame Fortune since I came up with the painting idea. If anyone IS mechanically inclined & seriously wants to collaborate on something like that, please get it touch! How sweet would THAT be?

PS. I have a special piece of interactive art that I made in promotion of the Tiki Art Now III show at Roq la Rue... and anyone&everyone on TC gets a "make-it yourself" copy because I'm going to post it on this forum when its done (should be tomorrow night) What is it you say? Muahahahaha! I'll never tell!!!!!

Wait... Now i've built it up too much... It's not as cool as it sounds.

Or am I just saying that to confuse you so you won't be able to guess what it is?...

I don't know how many people will read to the end of this rediculously long post before tomorrow night, but if any of you do, I'll send the first person to correctly guess what I made for the show a free print of "False Idols", one of my pieces from last year's Tiki Art Now show.

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2006-07-31 23:27 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation