FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Kon Tiki Tuc. Az.-Ernie Menehune Dinner Show Aug. 13th RSVP now!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Kon Tiki Tuc. Az.-Ernie Menehune Dinner Show Aug. 13th RSVP now!!!
tikilou

Posted: 2006-07-30 12:16 pm   Permalink

aloha everyone,
i am pleased to announce that the legendary Ernie Menehune & his polynesian review will be performing a dinner show on sunday aug. 13th here at the kon tiki. we have been planning this show for a couple of months and have finally put it together!! so if you are interested please rsvp soon because seating will be limited. for info you can contact us:

bus. 520-323-7193

mahalo
kontikilou

View Profile of tikilou Send a personal message to tikilou  Email tikilou Goto the website of tikilou     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-30 4:01 pm   Permalink

Sounds like fun! I think that I should be able to make that. I'll know in the next few days.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-30 11:32 pm   Permalink

Dang, that is really cool!

How old is he?

If you email me the text from your press release I'll send it out to my email list

Otto@tikinews.com

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 02:06 am   Permalink

Aloha Lou,

This is fantastic news! What a cool event. I am so sorry we are going to miss it .

We'll be out of town for this show, but were wondering of you may have another show in the works for Ernie. Let us know and we'll be there.

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 09:38 am   Permalink

That's great Louie! Glad you could work that out. For those that don't know much about Ernie Menehune I'll post some quick info about him and his village over in general.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20483&forum=1&0

Maybe we can interest some people who might not be looking in events.

cheeky half

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2006-07-31 10:48 ]

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilou

Posted: 2006-07-31 10:42 am   Permalink

no worries tiki-tina! we are going to try and do a show every month, so if you miss this one hopefully you guys can make the next one. cheeky's i am very glad we finally put this together, hope to see you and everyone else here.

mahalo
kontikilou

View Profile of tikilou Send a personal message to tikilou  Email tikilou Goto the website of tikilou     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 9:38 pm   Permalink

Man I would love to see this show! I am a big fan of Ernie Menehune, and his Waikiki Jackpot album is one of the best hapa haole records I own.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 12:57 pm   Permalink

Here are some particulars for those interested in catching Ernie.

The show is Sunday August 13th, 5:00 to 7:00pm.
There is no cover charge if you are having dinner, $5 if you are just having drinks.
Reservations are needed. (520) 323-7193

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 08:41 am   Permalink

bump!

Ernie Menehune Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 1:38 pm   Permalink

It was a great night at the Kon Tiki. Kona Chris took the brunt of Ernie's jokes. Better watch where you sit next time Chris!

Here are a couple of teaser pics.

The rest are posted on our website. There are six pages of photos and some of the pictures are a bit redundant. We needed to post them all because a few people need to have access to them. We'll edit them down as soon as we can.

http://www.velvetglass.com//erniemenehune/kontikishow1.html

It looks like this could be a monthly show, so we hope to see those that couldn't make it this time around.

Ernie will be hosting a luau at Menehune Village on September 30th. You can call his keyboard player Larry Armstrong to purchase tickets. His cell phone number is (520) 490-3279. I'll keep the post over in general updated with luau info. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20483&forum=1&0

cheeky half

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 08:43 am   Permalink

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you cheekyhalf!!

The pictures you took are incredible!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

A nice visual tribute to Ernie Menehune and what looked like an very fun and entertaining evening!!!

You Rock!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 11:36 pm   Permalink

Did anyone see the ghost??

Kon Tiki Tucson Rocks!!!

Looked like Louie, Marcos ans Rebecca were having fun !!!!

No Paulie???

Arrrrr!!!

Good Times???

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-16 08:06 am   Permalink

You're welcome Jeff. Glad you like them!!!

Ben, funny you should ask about the ghost, Mark took this picture back by the entrance. No one was smoking or even sitting back there.

bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 10:01 am   Permalink

If any TCer from PHX is attending the Sept. 30 event, let me know--I just scored a couple of Menehune LPs at the Mormon Store(also known as D.I.) as well as this BITCHIN' serving dish--

this was a MAJOR COUP for FRIDAYbut I want these suckers SIGNED--there were a couple more there but I am RUNNING out of space for EXOTICA LPs

[ This Message was edited by: bb moondog 2006-08-26 10:02 ]

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-04 3:58 pm   Permalink

Any information on the September 30th Show? I know some people in Southern California who want to come out and WOOOHOOO with the Arizona Ohana

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation