FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Art Now 3 Seattle Sept 15 w/ Lushy live
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Art Now 3 Seattle Sept 15 w/ Lushy live
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 07:53 am   Permalink

Big writeup in the Seattle post this morning for the show!

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 07:55 am   Permalink

I'm coming too!

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
plastic_atomica

Posted: 2006-09-16 05:20 am   Permalink

What did the special mug look like???

View Profile of plastic_atomica Send a personal message to plastic_atomica      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-16 07:33 am   Permalink

The art show is great...And I do mean the show not just the opening, so if yer boo-hoo-hooin' 'bout not bein there last night dry yer eyes and see about seein' the show...Hangin' til October 9. (And I'd guess the gallery, which was still packed at 8:30 when we got there, won't smell like a men's locker room the resta the show.)

Mosta the stuff has to be seen in person to really blow yer mind. The online images and catalog are good, but seein' them in real life makes a huge difference. There were several pieces I was indifferent about when I saw 'em on line but I was really impressed when I got eye-to-eye with 'em.

PS: I can't recall what the special mug looked like exactly. I got there late and it looked like they were all gone and I just glimpsed one a fella was buyin'. I was a little distracted by a swell Moai lamp on the counter near him.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 02:39 am   Permalink

Is there going to be a Tiki Art Now 3 book coming out? Hmm...Otto...anyone?

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 10:34 am   Permalink

Yes, you could see the cover of what it looks like a month ago.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 10:52 am   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/MUNKTIKI-Tiki-Art-Show-Mug-Tan_W0QQitemZ160031753481QQihZ006QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I'll probably never get one. This picture of the brwon sure dosen't look like the picture of it a while back. 100 bucks, its more moeny than the Hut.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-17 2:21 pm   Permalink

I would like to thank Otto for bringing together a really incredible Tiki Art show...it was most definitely a huge success on a perfect night and I'm really glad I got to finally attend one. It was great finally meeting Otto in person as well. Lushy was fun to hear as always, and Selector Lopaka did a fantastic job with the music at Roq La Rue. I personally had a very fun time and hope to get to go to another one in the future...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-22 2:45 pm   Permalink

Seattle Times has an article about the show and tiki in seattle.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 10:30 pm   Permalink

There is an article in the Seattle Times, with Tiki Central prominently mentioned here.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-24 1:45 pm   Permalink

A belated massive mahalo to Otto and the sisters of Roq La Rue for hosting such a great event all around, and in my hometown to boot. I feel blessed and honored to have been able to participate. Next to the Garfield High School Class of 1985 20th reunion, it was my most satisfying DJ gig. The art looks beautiful and even more beautiful with red dots. Congrats to all the artists!

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Marlow

Posted: 2006-09-25 12:23 am   Permalink

The Tiki Art Now show Otto curated at Roq la Rue Gallery was super fab, the opening was incredible and the press it got was amazing. We hope everyone had as good of time as we did!

Jo and I posted a few photos of the opening online, along with some pix of some of the home tiki bars we all visited.

We'll see you next year at Tiki Oasis!

"Click
HERE to see photos of Seattle's Tiki Art Now! show curated by Otto Von Stroheim"

[ This Message was edited by: Miss Marlow 2006-09-25 00:27 ]

View Profile of Miss Marlow Send a personal message to Miss Marlow  Email Miss Marlow Goto the website of Miss Marlow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Marlow

Posted: 2006-09-25 12:31 am   Permalink

Otto, are there any books left? It's so cool!
[ This Message was edited by: Miss Marlow 2006-09-25 00:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Miss Marlow 2006-09-25 00:59 ]

View Profile of Miss Marlow Send a personal message to Miss Marlow  Email Miss Marlow Goto the website of Miss Marlow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 06:29 am   Permalink

Many thanks to Otto and Roq La Rue for bringing TIki Art Now 3 to Seattle... It was a blast ! Looking forward to next year, thanks so much again !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation