FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ernie Menehune (img heavy)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Ernie Menehune (img heavy)
Girlwerks
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-12 8:21 pm   Permalink

Did I say LOVE? I am absolutely blown away !!!

What an honor.. My Dad would of been so proud.

A million Mahalo's

View Profile of Girlwerks Send a personal message to Girlwerks  Email Girlwerks Goto the website of Girlwerks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tomnglo

Posted: 2008-06-24 3:17 pm   Permalink

I took my parents to the Latitude 20 in Torrance to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Ernie had a colleague who was quite heavy-set who performed a pantomime of what could have been Humpty Dumpty. He wore no shirt and a huge hat that sat on his shoulders. Painted eyes on his chest and lips about his belly button. By flexing his stomach, he made it look like he was whistling to the theme from the Bridge over River Kwai. My father laughed so hard that he ended up on the floor!

View Profile of tomnglo Send a personal message to tomnglo  Email tomnglo Goto the website of tomnglo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 7:16 pm   Permalink

Ernie still has his pal perform at shows. This was last years Tiki Oasis. Calls him 'The Thing' and he still gets a bit of a giggle...

Oh, and welcome to TC

CH

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-22 8:18 pm   Permalink

I was just in Tucson a couple of weeks ago, and I met Ernie. What an amazing dude!! He showed me around his desert oasis as he was preparing for his annual Luau. I picked up an awesome drum he made out of a palm stump. It has an amazing sound to it. He also gave me a tiki that he carved. He is truly an awesome guy!! I'm so glad I got to meet him while I was there.
He has a real zest for life, and loves to have fun. He's in his 80's and going strong!!
I look forward to seeing him again in Long Beach for The Tiki Beach Festival.

[ This Message was edited by: VonTiki 2009-03-22 20:20 ]

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gilligan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-08 1:45 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know when Ernie's 2010 luau is happening?

View Profile of Gilligan Send a personal message to Gilligan  Email Gilligan Goto the website of Gilligan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 2:19 pm   Permalink

Everyone should check out Digitiki's podcast with the Jeff Chenault interview with Ernie Menehune. It inspired me to perform "Back In Aloha Land" at OHANA this year. What an incredible singer/performer!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 07:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-08 13:45, Gilligan wrote:
Does anyone know when Ernie's 2010 luau is happening?

He usually has it earlier in the year. I have'nt heard anything though. Cheeky Half would know.

Ernie's the best!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation