FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki NEW FEATURE: Tiki Central now has image uploading!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
NEW FEATURE: Tiki Central now has image uploading!
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 02:57 am   Permalink

Hi everyone,

I've added Image Uploading to Tiki Central! So now, when you want to add an image to your post, all you need to do is:

• Click Add Images To Your Post at the bottom of the window
  • In a new window, you can upload your image
  • Once the image is uploaded the IMG code is displayed so all you need to do is copy and paste it into your post.

All without leaving Tiki Central. You no longer have to mess with Shutterfly! The image is hosted on tikiroom.com so we don't have to worry about Shutterfly changing the links on us anymore. This is something that I've wanted to add for a long time, and I'm very happy to have finally tackled it.

Please help me test it out, and let me know what you think. This is still in it's early stages of development, and there still may be some wrinkles to iron out. But I hope it makes adding images much easier to posts!

Enjoy!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 03:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 02:57, hanford_lemoore wrote:

Please help me test it out, and let me know what you think.

It works!

Thanks,
Tiki Chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 03:26 am   Permalink

Boy o boy, I'm a gonna try rightaway! Here I go, with a small souvenir Marquesan adze I found this morning in a junk shop in Berlin, for measly 4.- Euros (no kidding!):

DUDD!.....not for me! A rectangular window pops up, but it's a dead one, can't paste anything into it, or move, or even delete it from my desk top.

Is this because I am on Mac (power book G4)? Also, my AOL phone hook up here is very dicey...

THERE! I fixed it. Cool-o-mundo. Thank you Hanford, this would belong into Tiki Finds, off course...was just testin' here.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2006-08-02 11:03 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 03:50 am   Permalink

Great idea, all forums need this feature. Testing....

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 04:31 am   Permalink

Way freaking cool!

I am on a Mac, so I had to upload the image, then cut and paste the code from that window to this. Is that how it is supposed to work?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 06:23 am   Permalink

Testing on a Mac too.

Very nice and simple. Works just like you describe in the instructions.

Thanks Hanford.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 06:27 am   Permalink

I'm alson on a PowerBook G4 - worked like a charm!

(image from Trader Vic's Tokyo)

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 06:49 am   Permalink

Super easy on a PC....very cool feature

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 07:29 am   Permalink

Excellent idea, Hanford!!! Thanks!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-02 07:55 am   Permalink

Testing.....

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 09:31 am   Permalink

Hi Tiki Central
Great idea, even us 'computer Ludites' can do this (well my beloved anyway!)

Mahalo - Trader Jim
POCKETIKI magazine is aimed at 'Tikiphiles' who want 'Tiki with a Twist!'. Polynesian Pop culture in the UK may not be as high profile as it is in the US but there is a strong undercurrent of tiki enthusiasts here, all of whom have their own slant on tiki

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 09:34 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 09:42 am   Permalink

cool.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-02 09:46 am   Permalink

testing 1 2 3

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 09:58 am   Permalink

Testes, Testes, 1-2-3 ..... WATAHHH!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation